The MT-07 Forum

Watch out for crazy drivers!!

Kyuzo

Two weeks ago I was going around a fellow making a right turn with right turn signals on; whom then decided to make a U turn while I was passing him. It was a slow speed incident where i didnt go down. Long story short my brake pedal and two big toes took the force and broke off his front bumber (it was kinda funny watching him scratching his head while dragging his jeeps bumper off the middle of the road while I was  getting checked out by paramedics)  I was lucky and only had two broken toes on right foot since I had them on my foot pegs. If i had them on my brake pedal which was  90 degress bent in well you can only imagaine.  The guy was obviousley lost probably looking at his phone, cause he was drivng really slow beforehand and I just wanted to get away from him.

Anyways just be extra cautious these days, Im really safe rider have stayed cleared of devils in the rear view mirror in all my 30 years on the road. Just be extra safe out there! Espiecally around holidays or big events that go around your town...

Safe Riding!

It's amazing how clueless so many drivers are nowadays.  I blame it on cell phones mostly.  I live in semi-rural Indiana now but I use to live in a Denver suburb before I moved here.  I can remember sitting at a stop light, right up front.  I watched ten cars taking left turns from my right.  Eight of the ten were either talking on their phones (just as dangerous as drunk driving) or they were looking down at there lap either reading a text or sending one.  Got to the point the only time I would ride was early early Saturday & Sunday and then never in town, head for the hills.  It's really nice around here, 1/100th the number of cars and lots of nice rolling roads.

Hope your foot heals up quickly.

Merry Chtistmas everyone.

Please Mister Fantasy play us a tune, something to make us all happy.    Stevie Winwood / Traffic, 1967

Sorry to hear about your accident and I hope you get well quick. Have a Merry Christmas and a safe & Happy New Year!

Oh, count your blessings and be glad you didn't have to change your name from Kyuzo to "Eight Toe Joe". A little Christmas humor if you will. Stay frosty!

Beemer

Moral of the story is:

Your safe, but we need to be safer.  Good story on how we all have to stay 200% alert.  yes them 1%'r wanker in doodles will bite us a matter of time, but it really is us who control that time.

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

Archived