The MT-07 Forum

Just looking for the weight savings

scotto

I personally like the quiet stock exhaust.  Granted, a louder aftermarket setup can sound really nice and unleash more hp and torque but I go for longer rides and know that louder systems can get very tiresome and lead to headaches and hearing loss even with earplugs (which I never ride without).  With that said, I would really like the weight savings of an aftermarket exhaust over the heavy stock setup.  Do any of the AM systems come close to the volume of the stock system with the baffle in?  Thank you for any advise.

Please Mister Fantasy play us a tune, something to make us all happy.    Stevie Winwood / Traffic, 1967

• Global Moderator

The Yoshi with the baffle is a bit louder than stock, but not by that much

There is a bit of bark when you go wot quickly but it's surprisingly subdued for an aftermarket

The akro ti with baffle and cat is also another choice but not sure exactly how much louder than stock that is

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, sorkyah said:

There is a bit of bark when you go wot quickly but it's surprisingly subdued for an aftermarket

The akro ti with baffle and cat is also another choice but not sure exactly how much louder than stock that is

The Akra Ti (baffle installed) is very similar to the Yoshi in that regard. Not really noticeable unless you're getting on it. Tone wise the Ti is more of a bass rumble than the Yoshi from what I've heard of the Yoshi. I got the Akra Ti because I couldn't handle the sewing machine impersonation that the factory exhaust was doing anymore. The extra bonuses of almost not there looks, weight savings and less flow restriction was also appreciated.

Good Luck finding a solution that suits your needs @scotto. 👍

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

2 hours ago, sorkyah said:

No way, I am running the yosh with baffle and there is no way unless you are talkng about the EPA approved Yosh R77 CARB  not the Full Race as I have...

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Mad said:

I may suggest a litium battery,  the weight reduction is similar and the price is a lot lower

or both. 😆

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

9 hours ago, DewMan said:

or both. 😆

I recommend the removal of the pipe, the battery and the tank sticker. 😀

Seriously, the Akra carbon fiber isn't loud and droning at cruising speed and you get the cool racing snail. You can hear it while cruising but it isn't bothersome at all, it's more like a faint background noise. When you're accelerating at a normal pace it sounds good and is at an acceptable level but not to worry, you're not always accellerating. People hear it but it isn't Harley noticeable, or should I say obnoxious? It's way quieter than that. If you accelerate hard it gets louder but still not nearly as loud as your typical H.D. and it doesn't blow your ear drums out. 

Beemer

1 hour ago, Beemer said:

and the tank sticker

If you take the swing arm sticies off to you safe fiddy pownds and yo get like 60 HP

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

On 12/23/2018 at 3:03 PM, r1limited said:

No way, I am running the yosh with baffle and there is no way unless you are talkng about the EPA approved Yosh R77 CARB  not the Full Race as I have...

I have the carb version and even that is noticeably louder that stock. 

Thanks for all the replys.  I'll get on that stickies removal immediately.  The price on the Akra kind of took my breath away.  Lovely sounding though.  Some youtube shots of the yosh with baffle didn't sound too bad.  Of course if you don't accel real hard from standstill it seems pretty tolerable and of course once you're up to cruising speed the wind noise is probably drowning out anything else.  Does anyone run a yosh with baffle that can comment on 60-75 mph cruising and the exhaust noise.  Of course on trips I've got the ear buds with music going or I have ear plugs in.  Thanks guys.  Great place for info.

Merry Christmas

Please Mister Fantasy play us a tune, something to make us all happy.    Stevie Winwood / Traffic, 1967

• Premium Member
41 minutes ago, scotto said:

Thanks for all the replys.  I'll get on that stickies removal immediately.  The price on the Akra kind of took my breath away.  Lovely sounding though.  Some youtube shots of the yosh with baffle didn't sound too bad.  Of course if you don't accel real hard from standstill it seems pretty tolerable and of course once you're up to cruising speed the wind noise is probably drowning out anything else.  Does anyone run a yosh with baffle that can comment on 60-75 mph cruising and the exhaust noise.  Of course on trips I've got the ear buds with music going or I have ear plugs in.  Thanks guys.  Great place for info.

Merry Christmas

I have the Akrapovic Ti system on my bike. I have to say it's only slightly louder than stock. I too struggled with the price point.... I justified the cost, in my head, on one very important detail. The ENTIRE system is underneath the bike. I can "drop" my bike, or even crash it... Either way, the exhaust is protected. If I crash so bad that that I wreck my under-the-bike exhaust.... I have MUCH bigger problems to worry about 😳.....

""W.O.T. until you see god, then brake"

@cornersliderYou are correct sir!  I do like the look also.  I might just have to put it off longer and save my penney's.  Do you ever see the akra on sale anywhere.  Gosh, between the exhaust and an eco flash that's almost what, $1400.  Man, if the wifey ever found out.  It's like "but I thought it already had an exhaust pipe" and "you bought it because it's quiet, you call that quiet?"  

Sure is fun windowshopping.

Just thought of one other question.  Are the Akra Ti and a centerstand compatable?

On 5/13/2018 at 1:08 PM, DewMan said:

FYI: For those considering the centerstand The SW-Motech center stand also works perfectly fine with my Akra TI. I didn't even need to remove it to uninstall the stock exhaust or to install the Akria TI.

Never mind Akra/centerstand question, just found this.  Thanks @DewMan.  Look like Akra Ti it is.  

Archived