The MT-07 Forum

Rain Tires? (Edit: Race Wets)

blackout

• Premium Member

Does anyone have a link to an axle that will replace the OEM that's built to higher standards? I was already looking at the Titanium axle nut @fzar linked to but it seems the primary culprit appears to be the "budget' axle.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, blackout said:

I plan to knock that metal clip out in the stock nut to make it no longer a locking nut.

5 hours ago, DewMan said:

Does anyone have a link to an axle that will replace the OEM that's built to higher standards? I was already looking at the Titanium axle nut @fzar linked to but it seems the primary culprit appears to be the "budget' axle.

I'm not an engineer, machinist, or a person with a lot of experience changing parts on a fz-07. I hear what your saying, but I think the problem is more with the fact the locking nut is a (locking nut) and the amount of problems people are having is more due to inexperience with said nut,  and using brut force. I haven't had an issue with it, I've had an issue with a dealership that encountered the problem we are talking about. I can't say for sure, but it may have been a rush job to how the pay system works. Either Way they replaced without argument and like I said if it happens 1 time its a $50 + shipping cost, for me anyway. I got the gilles nut for $75 ish shipped. I had the rear wheel off 2 times since and loosened the nut for chain adjustment and alignment a few times, ZERO problems. I torque to 55 ft/lbs and a dab of anti-seize and tighten the locking tab on the nut, it works.

Forget it, I just saw @mossrider post.🙄

Archived