The MT-07 Forum

What's the deal with this Schuberth C4 Pulse Helmet

MRH

Revzilla's got the Schuberth C4 Pulse Helmet on sale for like 50% off. I really like the idea of having comms with fellow riders, and the company talks the talk. But the reviewers say the helmet doesn't walk the walk. Anyone have experience with this particular helmet? Any have a suggestion on a like-brand that can provide superior protection/comfort and offer integrated communications? Sound off!

• Premium Member

I know Sena makes some Comms integrated helmets but I have no experience with them either.

Good luck finding a helmet that suits your needs. 👍

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

I don't think anyone makes such a helmet just yet. (the perfect helmet) If it were me I would try to find the most comfortable helmet that offers good protection and by the best separate communication system available, according to reviews. GL!

Beemer

• Premium Member

I prefer my comms separate from my helmet since it makes up a good portion of the cost of a helmet/comms  system and it'll just get trashed if you ever "stress test" your helmet. But I definitely understand the appeal of an all in one solution but for me it's not economically feasible.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

I am waiting on Comm inplants like the travelers have

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

14 hours ago, MRH said:

Revzilla's got the Schuberth C4 Pulse Helmet on sale for like 50% off. I really like the idea of having comms with fellow riders, and the company talks the talk. But the reviewers say the helmet doesn't walk the walk. Anyone have experience with this particular helmet? Any have a suggestion on a like-brand that can provide superior protection/comfort and offer integrated communications? Sound off!

this one?  https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/schuberth-c4-pulse-helmet?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIn-G4v9mv3wIVDcpkCh1e3Ay1EAQYAiABEgJ0u_D_BwE

I honestly don't think that Schuberth makes a bad helmet. I absolutely love my c-3. 

• Global Moderator

While I have no first hand experience I have heard nothing but good things about Schuberth, and for that discount you could say you were getting the comm system for free (I love my Sena for riding with friends or listening to music when I ride alone and would not like to ride without it). 

Take my opinion with a grain of salt, but I think that a separate comm system would be better since it can be transferred to any helmet whereas an all-in-one solution means that you're stuck with it regardless of quality of helmet / comm system.  It may be worth the risk for the price and it appears that Revzilla has an excellent return policy with regards to the helmet as long as you haven't ridden with it on yet.  Put it on; connect your phone, etc and sit in front of a fan on high setting  to watch a movie and see if it works out.

20 hours ago, r1limited said:

I am waiting on Comm inplants like the travelers have

But, you are a time traveler from the Crab Nebula, aren't you?! 🤪

Beemer

54 minutes ago, Beemer said:

But, you are a time traveler from the Crab Nebula, aren't you?! 🤪

Shhhhhhh, I am the walrus

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

KooKooKeeChuu

Ok, all good ideas, thanks. So if I got a separate comm system, what would you all recommend? I currently rock a Shoei RF-1200. Tight fit, so I'm not sure how this stuff works. It's a pain just to get sunglasses on wearing this guy.

• Global Moderator

@MRH, I have been very happy with my Sena 20S.  It works great as an intercom or listening to music and people cannot tell I am on motorcycle when I answer phone calls.  Most helmets have enough space for the speakers, which is the only thing that takes up space inside (well the mic takes up some space, but there is plenty in front of your mouth).  My Arai helmet fits tightly and I had no trouble installing it. 

Check out this guy "fortnine" on youtube. (sorry, I don't know how to post a link).

Just Google "fortnine communication devices".  He swears by a company called Cardo.  I guess they have several models and he thinks they are superior to Sena.

He's based out of somewhere in Canada.  He has a lot of very informative videos.

Please Mister Fantasy play us a tune, something to make us all happy.    Stevie Winwood / Traffic, 1967

• Premium Member
17 hours ago, scotto said:

Check out this guy "fortnine" on youtube. (sorry, I don't know how to post a link).

Just Google "fortnine communication devices".  He swears by a company called Cardo.  I guess they have several models and he thinks they are superior to Sena.

He's based out of somewhere in Canada.  He has a lot of very informative videos.

You'll find several of his Vids linked around here. 👍

I personally find his vids entertaining and informative. Not sure I agree with his Cardo vs Sena conclusion as both have their plus and minus. Honestly it'll probably come down to which brand your friends are using so you can join with them. Sena's updated their firmware since that review has been done as well. That's not to say that the Sena is perftect but it's better than it was.

For those not familiar with him here's the link to FortNine's Channel page.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

Archived