The MT-07 Forum

Canadian Members - Turn Around Time and Shipping

JayMT07

This is just a thread to let fellow Canadians know what to expect when sending your ECU to be flashed. This is not a review on the flash itself as there's far too much snow to even think about riding right now. 

Winters are long here so it's the perfect time to send your ECU to be flashed.  I took advantage of the Black Friday sale for $259 USD.   I sent mine out via Canada Post tracking on December 3rd. 2WDW received it late in the day on December 10th. The ECU was flashed and sent back to me on December 11th. I just received it today, December 19th. This is a pretty good turn around time considering it's really close to Christmas and packages typically take longer during the month of December. 

Shipping there via Canada Post, insured for $300, and tracking was $19 CAD. Once in the US, Canada Post packages are delivered by USPS. 2WDW charged $45 USD ($63 CAD) for return shipping, tracked with a signature, and insured for $500. It was shipped back via USPS. While I think the return shipping is a bit steep, I'm very happy that it traveled safely to and from.  There were no extra charges at my door for duties or taxes. 

Now the long long wait till spring when I'll finally be able to test it out. 

• Like 4

Instagram: @jayparrington 

• Premium Member

Good info for our Canadian brethren.

• Like 1

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Figured I'd give a bit of an update since I was finally able to ride yesterday with the new Flash. There are a few review threads already so I'll just put my experience here. 

Overall, the shifting felt smoother, the engine braking was nicely reduced but just enough left to be useful, the on/off feeling was much improved, and the exhaust sounded more throaty.  I'm very pleased with it. 

• Like 1

Instagram: @jayparrington 

• 1 year later...
  • Global Moderator
2 hours ago, teewanyal said:

So to ship it there it’s $319?!

I think he is saying the shipping cost was $19 and it was insured to a value of $300. 

I found out from 2WDW that they will sell you the tune only for $150 USD that you can then load via FTECU on-bike tuner. This still comes with the ability to reflash as your components change for no additional charge. For the convenience this is the route I will be going. Upfront cost is more but never having the bike down and having to pull the ECU is a huge bonus. Props to 2WDW for having this as an option!