The MT-07 Forum

Keep front home page or dump it?

Cruizin

Keep the front home page or dump it?   

15 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to keep the home page?

• Get rid of it
    • Keep it
    • I just came to vote for beer and titties

I brought back front home page as a place to put articles, to promote helpful topics from the forum, and to put the member rides image slideshow to work. 

But now we have gallery software, with pretty cool image albums.  The member rides slideshow isn't needed, as we all now have pretty cool gallery features for our bike images.

Should we keep the front home page? 

I like Splash pages personally.  I just think you have a bad design.  IMO a short Welcome at top, Mid Center with Members bikes, two side columns, dicpicting Sponsor links, Latest Posts, Member Stats.  Footer is a good spot for Members gallerys under Center Members bikes.

Link to wayback of my old site
http://web.archive.org/web/20130516121053/http://www.flattrackers.com:80/index.html

FlatTrackers.JPG

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

• Premium Member

I was torn between "keep it" and "beer & titties"…. "Keep it" barely won. 😁

Not sure what the problem anyone has with having a home page. The old forum page is one mouse click away from the homepage anyway. Maybe if I browsed with a phone I'd feel different but I don't, so I don't know what, if any, issues they may be having.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

7 hours ago, r1limited said:

I like Splash pages personally.  I just think you have a bad design.  IMO a short Welcome at top, Mid Center with Members bikes, two side columns, dicpicting Sponsor links, Latest Posts, Member Stats.  Footer is a good spot for Members gallerys under Center Members bikes.

Link to wayback of my old site
http://web.archive.org/web/20130516121053/http://www.flattrackers.com:80/index.html

FlatTrackers.JPG

Im sorry, but I just don't like that design at all, actually.  And multiple sidebars are a nightmare on mobile devices. 

You don't seem to like much of anything at all about this forum, to tell you the truth. And I suspect it has to do with something else altogether. 

• Premium Member

I wish moblie and desktop view were the same... But it comes down to which device you prefer... PC or mobile phone... I am getting used to doing stuff in a "hybird" way... Mobile view to scroll thru/read and use desktop mode to do any postings/edit...

For some reason I like the Tracer900 forum set up....I know it's the same software but the FZ and T7 look identical in layout...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

I say keep it get a pc. If you're walking around with your face in a phone all the time instead of taking in the scenery there's something wrong with you. Like Ferris said, "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in awhile you could miss it."   😎

Beemer

• Premium Member
44 minutes ago, Beemer said:

I say keep it get a pc. If you're walking around with your face in a phone all the time instead of taking in the scenery there's something wrong with you. Like Ferris said, "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in awhile you could miss it."   😎

Because having your face buried in a large PC monitor all the time is soo much better for you. 😆

Good ride Yesterday. 👍

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

8 minutes ago, DewMan said:

Because having your face buried in a large PC monitor all the time is soo much better for you. 😆

Good ride Yesterday. 👍

Yep, good ride! 

th3HV1S73P.jpg

Beemer

11 hours ago, Cruizin said:

Im sorry, but I just don't like that design at all, actually.  And multiple sidebars are a nightmare on mobile devices. 

You don't seem to like much of anything at all about this forum, to tell you the truth. And I suspect it has to do with something else altogether. 

What you go to the same school of misinturpretation as Beemer?  Maybe you need a more advanced course in comprehension!

I was just giving my opinion, thats all, no need to get all butt hurt again for craps sake. 

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

• Premium Member

Can someone tell me what the status update thing is? Probably a dumb question, I can't seem to figure it out.

Whenever I'm on this forum it's on the mobile version. I don't do much at work so I just browse the site on my phone. feel like the older version was better for that. 

FWIW, on my tablet, an icon takes me straight into the result of clicking the left button next to 'Start New Topic'.  

Just do it! 

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, phanomenal07 said:

Whenever I'm on this forum it's on the mobile version. I don't do much at work so I just browse the site on my phone. feel like the older version was better for that. 

I use this site exclusively on my phone so I agree with you completely. But alas, I just go with the flow 

6 hours ago, phanomenal07 said:

I always wanted a job where 'I don't do much at work'. Never found it. 

Just do it! 

9 minutes ago, robbo10 said:

I always wanted a job where 'I don't do much at work'. Never found it. 

Security lol

7 hours ago, phanomenal07 said:

So, are you saying the front page makes it harder?  What if I shut off the front page so it doesn't display on mobile? 

23 minutes ago, Cruizin said:

So, are you saying the front page makes it harder?  What if I shut off the front page so it doesn't display on mobile? 

Correct. It isn't the biggest issue in the world. Just a slight inconvenience

57 minutes ago, phanomenal07 said:

Correct. It isn't the biggest issue in the world. Just a slight inconvenience

Well I just dont like it, I dont like it at all, I mean its aweful, it gags me, its the worst thing since cooked spinich, Man I hate instant potatoes

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, r1limited said:

Well I just dont like it, I dont like it at all, I mean its aweful, it gags me, its the worst thing since cooked spinich, Man I hate instant potatoes

Woah..... Instant potatoes aren't that bad.... Just need lots of butter and cheese 

10 hours ago, TylerNT02 said:

Woah..... Instant potatoes aren't that bad.... Just need lots of butter and cheese 

You are one strainge person.

Archived