The MT-07 Forum

Sales of the FZ-07 on hold

cassecou

My bike was to finally be delivered today, but I was told that no FZ-07 can be sold due to an unknown issue (unknown to my dealer). So my bike is still in the main warehouse.
I suspect its due to the recall of the electrical wire underneath the seat.
I told my dealer to find out and give me a call. I even told him I could fix it myself. But he answer that its out of his hand if they don't ship the bike out of the warehouse.

Somebody on this forum posted a pic of the wiring hazard that they found and corrected on his bike.

FJR1300A,Triumph S3,Ducati S2R1000
VisitedStatesMap2011.jpg 310820.png

Somebody on this forum posted a pic of the wiring hazard that they found and corrected on his bike.
Here is the thread http://fz07.org/thread/993/fz07-battery-orientation-set 
Yes, that would be mine.  On another forum ( :o) a guy who had his battery terminals reversed like mine actually did short out.  I routed mine more safely but my positive terminal is still too close to the seat bracket.  Going to try and get to the dealership this Saturday.  In reviewing that recall it mentions the cable being placed OVER the seat bracket.  Who the hell would assemble it like that; that would clearly be careless and downright stupid.  I don't think any of us mentioned anything that bad, but to those who have not checked, please do so.

The bikes are run at the factory with a slave battery and don't get the
battery connected till they pdi them at the dealer so thats likely why
it was not picked up at the factory and some are routed differently.

My opinion:

They are going to change the positive (red) wire and seat bracket in order to make it less likely for whoever assembles the bike or "fires-up" the bike (starts the engine for the first time once it comes out of the shipping crate) to screw-up the routing of the positive lead.
If the concern is the positive lead getting pinched between the seat base (bottom of the seat) and the bolt-on seat bracket that goes over the battery, then somebody is routing the positive lead over the seat bracket instead of under it as shown in the official Assembly Manual.

I wouldn't be surprised if they make the positive lead shorter in order to make misrouting it over the seat bracket impossible.

Stopped by the dealer this morning to find out more about the hold up. Still no warehouse info. My take is the warehouse is wating for a new cable to be mounted on the bike.
But the dealer opened a crate for me containing an FZ-09, in yellow, BEAUTIFUL, he was going to make me an offer, but I was not interested, I still want the FZ-07. I might do a yellow color swapping on the 07. What would the 07 look like in yellow with a blue frame? Not sure about that one.

I purchased my FZ-07 today, but the dealer couldn't proceed with delivery because of the pending recall for the battery wire. Hope they get it resolved quickly!

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got my deposit back of my FZ-07 order, as its way pass the delivery date.
The dealer has still no idea when the warehouse will fix, then release the bike. But I will be the first one they call once the bike is delivered. Maybe it will happen on the first day of spring? (rofl)

They are doing them in the UK so the parts should not be long coming, they also seem to change the
bracket over the battery, don't know why but it is a bit sharp edged mine is booked with a dealer but
the parts have not arrived yet, they are doing a Yellow MT/FZ in the UK for 2015 mine is white but
would have gone for the yellow if it had been available.

http://www.yamaha-motor.eu/uk/products/motorcycles/mt/mt-07.aspx?view=featurestechspecs&mode=colors#gallery=color|image=http://cdn.yamaha-motor.eu/product_assets/2015/MT07/950-75/2015-Yamaha-MT-07-EU-Extreme-Yellow-Studio-002.jpg

Booked with the dealer on Tuesday parts arrived today Thursday being fitted Monday, they would have done it Sat but I don't have time.

Archived