The MT-07 Forum

So I'm new to owning a bike...all these aftermarket exhausts

Guest August BB

Guest August BB

Apparently all don't have a cat in them.  Except for the titanium akrapovic.

Is this a gray area that usually is no big deal for the law?  At first I was intent on buying the titanium akra strictly for the fact that it was the only legal exhaust being sold that I know of, but the more I see everyone sporting everything else, the more I've come to realize not having a cat isn't a big deal?

So what I gather, unless they start making emissions check mandatory on motorcycles, keep on buying cat-less pipes no problem?  Is that about right?

Check with your local laws, but here in Idaho Motorcycles presently fly under the emissions laws. And about the time that states start testing bikes, electric bike batteries will allow longer rides and electrics will take over.

TTBOMK In Maryland motorcycles must pass emissions once before the sale to the owner and after that you never have to do it again and they are even considered VEIP exempt. So feel free to do whatever you'd like with the exhaust system here in MD.

As mentioned above, local laws can vary. Then there is the issue of inspections... I'd say you're more likely to get caught not running one if you have to get a yearly inspection like some areas have.

Life is good on 2 wheels!

Archived