The MT-07 Forum

Fender Eliminator Turn Signals

MRH

I definitely want to do away with the fender on my bike. However, I see the turn signals are attached to said fender. What do you do with them/where do you re-attach them once the fender is eliminated?

Also: I was considering doing an integrated taillight, but they are ugly as F for the 07s. I saw a really cool one from New Rage Cycles, but sadly, it's only for FZ09s. Any suggestions on "neat-o" integrated taillights?

• Premium Member

I use a MotoDynamic tail light and bolt my "plate" not far from the rear shock mounts right next to the rear passenger peg bolt bosses... you can see the plate laying flat up against the under side of the tail end... 

may or may not be legal in your state...

20171005_164616-1-1.jpg

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

17 minutes ago, norcal616 said:

I use a MotoDynamic tail light and bolt my "plate" not far from the rear shock mounts right next to the rear passenger peg bolt bosses... you can see the plate laying flat up against the under side of the tail end... 

may or may not be legal in your state...

20171005_164616-1-1.jpg

Interesting. What's it look like from the rear?

• Premium Member

its bolted to the battery box via the outside flash edge between the frame and battery box

20180816_062534.jpg

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, MRH said:

Nice. Yeah, I don't think I'd get away with that out here, though. Is your taillight integrated with the turn signal?

its a MotoDynamic integrated tail light...

• Premium Member

a few members have turned the rear faux-vents into a turn signal... still used the OEM rear brake light but spliced LED strips into the stock wires to make the turn signals in the rear faux-vents and used a cheap fleabay plate tidy...

If you purchase a fender eliminator, they usually have points to reattach the factory turn signals (or any aftermarket turn signal designed to replace factory ones). I have flush mounts in the front, but stuck with factory in the rear since I can't see them bouncing around while I'm on the bike. 

• Premium Member

Another popular integrated tail light option is from TST Industries available in clear and smoked It's also available for '14-'17 and '18+ model years.

Good luck finding a solution that suits your needs. 👍

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

I used this and am very pleased with it. I'm very picky and this piece is extremely well made. Fits perfectly and leaves no gaps in the undertail. Can't find it in my purchase history, but I'm pretty sure I only paid about $30, so shop around. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fender-Eliminator-License-Holder-Tail-Tidy-For-Yamaha-MT-07-FZ-07-FZ07-2013-2018/112841562074?hash=item1a45e197da:m:mWft-kMeypDuehuoiJkdwoQ:rk:3:pf:0

Since the tail tidy uses stock turn signal mounts, I used these signal to go with it. Same style as the clear "Euro" signals we didn't get in the states, but smaller physical size. Uses incandescent bulbs vs LED's, so they're actually visible in sunlight and you can replace the bulbs if needed. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pair-Clear-Turn-Signal-Light-Lamp-Indicator-Blinker-For-YAMAHA-FZ6R-FZ07-FZ8-FZ9/253677099789?hash=item3b10555b0d:g:LosAAOSwQz1bGn3I:rk:14:pf:0

Clearly visible to keep Johnny Law happy but still tucks away nicely. If you are using SW Motech's Blaze throwovers this sucks the signals in close enough to not interfere. Or pullthe signals off and just run the tag mount. 

V1VupZD.thumb.jpg.a1b6b795754136237562d0040dd860dc.jpg

15 hours ago, DewMan said:

Another popular integrated tail light option is from TST Industries available in clear and smoked It's also available for '14-'17 and '18+ model years.

Good luck finding a solution that suits your needs. 👍

I think the TST solution is about as good as I'm going to get with the vision I had in mind. The link you sent said MT-07 2018, however. You know if this will fit a 2017 FZ 07?

I have mine on my helmet.  It is wired to the 12v Thingy everyone axes about.  I put on a toggle switch on my bars and flip it when I tuck in.  This activates the license plate as a lid spoiler causing more down force.

Be very careful though, do not flip the switch when your riding backwards

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

• Premium Member
12 hours ago, MRH said:

I think the TST solution is about as good as I'm going to get with the vision I had in mind. The link you sent said MT-07 2018, however. You know if this will fit a 2017 FZ 07?

Look for the model specifically for the 2014-2017 MT/FZ-07. There is one model for 2015-2017 and another slightly different, as far as mounting,  for the 2018. I've got one on my 2017.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

Archived