The MT-07 Forum

XSR700/XS650 Ebay Alert

FZ07R WaNaB

firstyammerha

I'm inclined to side with Pegasus46. It couldn't cost $1000 to add those features to a bike on a modern production line. Economy of scale is a term used a lot these days. While I've never been in a motorcycle production plant before  I've seen video of bikes in production at a Harley plant I believe. Just like car production, it goes down a line where it stops for a minute or two at stations where  a couple of people stick stuff on the chassis. I don't think daily production figures were given but sure it's nothing like auto production. So much automation there today. This vid was awhile back and I don't recall seeing any automated equipment. I'd like to see some Japanese or other Asian bike production video for comparison. 

• Global Moderator
On 12/14/2018 at 7:39 PM, pegasus46 said:

Ok, so what? You get the list for only $100, not $1000.

The $1,000 was my estimate if you add everything everyone might want.  I would rather pay less for the bike and add the upgrades I want.  For example the $100 additional cost would pay for LED turn signals, which I would rather have than the items you want. 

I want a bladder bag, does anyone know if there is a OEM version.  That way I could ride for hours and not worry about stopping to P.  Poop is no issue, double up on immodium.  Gas wll just add two 11 Gal side cells and be done with it.

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

• 4 weeks later...

I have a Honda Rebel 500 (I hesitate to say here!).  It performs a lots less crudely and better than my immediately previous 250 twin. I seem to remember reading that the 500 engine is half a car engine (I may be mistaken). Its performance suggests that. It should not be as vibey as it is.  But it is a lazy, low rpm torque engine that rather suits the laid back Rebel and I am happy with it overall. Thankfully, I also have the MT-07.

Just do it! 

Archived