The MT-07 Forum

Jay Leno's 1964 Triumph Bonneville

bornagainbiker

• Premium Member

UFO abduction...hmmm...hmmm I reckon... sneaker in the crosswalk... 

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• Premium Member
bornagainbiker
10 minutes ago, Beemer said:

What are the odds that Jay Leno, of all people, would find my one shoe that my dog pissed on?!

Bad dog, bad dog.

Give Respect To Get Respect   https://jeff-galbraith.pixels.com/

Thanks bornagainbiker! 

That was a great video. Jay Leno is a real person unlike so many of those pretentious Hollywood a..holes. This video was good timing too, as I am totally looking at that Triumph Speed Twin as a second bike. I'll use the FZ for fun riding, commuting, and trips. I'll use the Speed Twin for when I want to look seriously cool 😎

Now for just a moment to give Leno some shet.... seriously Jay, riding with no gloves - WTF???

Jay makes a good point. So many people idolize so many bikes that are crazy fast and handle like no other bike but those aren't your every day rider bikes. I think our bike IS one of those bikes, it can do most everything and if it isn't as fast as some other bikes so what. It's not a contest and when you ride for hours and hours which bike makes better sense to ride? I love the  FZ-07. 

Beemer

8 minutes ago, FZ07R WaNaB said:

Thanks bornagainbiker! 

That was a great video. Jay Leno is a real person unlike so many of those pretentious Hollywood a..holes. This video was good timing too, as I am totally looking at that Triumph Speed Twin as a second bike. I'll use the FZ for fun riding, commuting, and trips. I'll use the Speed Twin for when I want to look seriously cool 😎

Now for just a moment to give Leno some shet.... seriously Jay, riding with no gloves - WTF???

lol! You didn't notice that halo around Jays head? Jay has angels on his shoulders protecting him and he knows it, that explains that big smile he always has.

Beemer

• Premium Member

hes got a "jet powered" bike tho 😵

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

The Triumphs were and still are one of the most beautiful motorcycles ever made in my opinion. I had a 500 single carb model and my buddy had a 450 Honda. From a stop I would blast away from him until about 45 MPH when he would slowly start gaining ground on me. The faster we went the faster he was losing me. Once he got her rolling it was all over hehe. His bike was as dependable as an anvil while I was always breaking down or losing a part. It never mattered though because I knew I had he better bike. We don't normally by any bike for daily transportation, they are a thing of the heart. If you have a bike that sits in the garage when the snow is flying and you just like to go out and sit and look at, maybe polish something then that is way more than just transportation.

I have finally realized that (at least for me) one of the things that at least helps make a bike look beautiful is being able to see a lot of the engine and being able to see through the bike in places. It seems to indicate a simple single purpose. Before I got my FZ-07 I had an FZ-09. I (like most others) bought it for that fantastic motor. There were two problems with it though. First was twitchy low speed throttle control. In the mountains on those tight twisties I was always afraid of breaking the rear end loose and had to use a higher gear and clutch control to make it feel safe. The other thing that finally was the straw that broke the camels back was the looks. It was packed so solid you could not see a thing about how it really worked. While cast aluminum frames maybe lighter and stiffer they just aren't as pretty or as mechanical looking. Next to that 60's Triumph I think the FZ-07 is one of the best looking bikes ever.  Combine that with it's wonderful motor and general do-it-all abilities it has become my favorite bike of all time. We need to re-designate a GOAT.  Better keep one for your future museum. 

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 11:36 AM, norcal616 said:

The faster to get him into heaven, ha!

Beemer

A little Track Master Racing Frame Trivia.  Trackmaster took a 1969 Bonivile T-120 frame and copied it for there Designs for BSA, and Triumph.  Most AMA grand National Flat Track racers at that time used the Stock T-120 for pro compitition until Trackmaster built.

Source National #11 Donnie Castro

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

On 12/10/2018 at 8:36 AM, norcal616 said:

That is actually a C18 out of a helicopter.

I met Leno at Laguna Seca one day at the Historics.  I was pitting for a freind of ours that ran a old farrair 250 and a Buggatti.  I was standing at the Bug and leno walk up asking about the car.  As we talked, I asked him about the Jet bike.  His response was

from 0 to 60 its Meh( using his hand and facial expresion to indicate mild)

From 60 its AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Then the crowd gathered and he looked over at me and smiled sorry.  His manager walked over gave me a card and said give him a call when in LA for a tour.  I said hell tell Jay he is welcome to come to my house tonight for BBQ ribs.  Well thats all I got

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

Archived