The MT-07 Forum

Does anyone make a toggle switch ignition bypass?

RojoRacing

They make one for the fz07, plug and play, I have it installed. I'll try to find where I got it.

Mine is a woodcraft but it appears their website is down right now?

Edited by mossrider
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, mossrider said:

They make one for the fz07, plug and play, I have it installed. I'll try to find where I got it.

Mine is a woodcraft but it appears their website is down right now?

A link would be greatly appreciated.  

Never mind I found it, I think the problem I had was I was looking for via revzilla and they don't list the 07 as an option. 

So it's a harness but it doesn't look like it comes with a switch that I can see.  Do I still need to source my own toggle switch of choice and will any simple 2 wire toggle work assuming it's rated for the amps?

I couldn't find my original receipt, order info or a part number on the thing. I couldnt find them on anyones site either, odd. I would call woodcraft. 

They did make them, here it is...

IMG_20181209_100608.thumb.jpg.dd57483b839db6fff58afe8dfde6e0f8.jpg

3 hours ago, RojoRacing said:

Never mind I found it, I think the problem I had was I was looking for via revzilla and they don't list the 07 as an option. 

So it's a harness but it doesn't look like it comes with a switch that I can see.  Do I still need to source my own toggle switch of choice and will any simple 2 wire toggle work assuming it's rated for the amps?

Opps, didn't catch the new post

No, you do not need anything else. It uses the factory switch for everthing, pretty cool. Kill-run-start all done with the factory kill switch.

If you already have some of the bodywork off it takes 3 minutes to install, plugs in line using factory plug blocks, very clean install. Eliminates the entire key switch.

Edited by mossrider

Yeah but this seems to dual purpose your 3 position starter switch on the right handlebar from off to key on(with this cable) to start.  That's great for a race only bike but that would mean you can't secure it from anyone just walking up and starting it, not good for a street bike.  I need to hide a toggle switch somewhere to act like a key to the bike is secure when parked. I guess I could buy the harness and break one of the critical wires with a toggle making it not work when the toggle is open. 

Just now, RojoRacing said:

Yeah but this seems to dual purpose your 3 position starter switch on the right handlebar from off to key on(with this cable) to start.  That's great for a race only bike but that would mean you can't secure it from anyone just walking up and starting it, not good for a street bike.  I need to hide a toggle switch somewhere to act like a key to the bike is secure when parked. I guess I could buy the harness and break one of the critical wires with a toggle making it not work when the toggle is open. 

Easy enough.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Premium Member

I knew these existed, but wanted to see who was using them.  A quick Google search revealed this thread.  But nothing came up from Fakebook.  Lol. Thanks fz07.org!

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York