Maximum Power | 97 PS / 96 BHP (71.5 kW) @ 6,750 rpm

Maximum Torque | 112 Nm @ 4,950 rpm

Seat Height | 807 mm

Wheelbase | 1430 mm

Rake | 22.8 º

Trail | 93.5 mm

Dry Weight | 196 Kg

Fuel Tank Capacity | 14.5 L

196 kg comes out to 432 lbs. dry weight, 456 wet. 😮  The 900cc twin weighs 436 dry so they shaved a little weight for the 1200. (+) It looks like those boys got serious, that bike should kick some arse! I like it's looks also and that dual exhaust! I would trade my FZ-07 in for that …. if I could. On second thought, nah, my insurance is cheap, I'd just keep it and have two bikes.

Beemer

• Global Moderator

I'd take one.... 

Though admittedly I'm looking at getting a speed tripleR and an r3 for the gf. 

Make the fz my commuter, use the twin 1200 for cruising and the str for the track

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

11 hours ago, Beemer said:

On second thought, nah, my insurance is cheap, I'd just keep it and have two bikes.

I hear ya on that one Beemer. That the first time I heard about that bike, and I like it. It's 60lbs heavier than the FZ, but it has 21 more hp and a whopping 33 more ft. lbs. of torque. Plus it has the 270 crank which should give it great punch. It should be fun to ride.

But then there is the new Moto Guzzi Bobber Sport. It's not going to compare power wise, but it looks great and it should be a great ride too. They are going to be priced the same. One could easily say the Triumph would be the way to go, but those folks probably never rode a Guzzi.

V9-Bobber-Sport-img9.jpg

V9-Bobber-Sport-img4.jpg

I think people buy bikes that fit their personalities a little so I could see myself cruising around on a Guzzi like that. It might even get me a free pizza at Joey D's. It's pretty laid back looking, it says gentle cruising to me but the Speed Twin fits my personality a little more, it's definitely the racier looking one. I'll take them both!

Beemer

6 hours ago, robbo10 said:

Perhaps we sometimes buy the a bike for the personality we wish we had....!  😯

Thanks for the reality check you dream wrecker!  🤣 

I'm going for a ride now to get back what you just took away. 

Beemer

• Premium Member

These are some cool machines, but my FZ is just so practical. If I dared to dream and money was not a limit I would have one of these in my garage.

Arch.PNG

The Triumph tank looks like shet because of the cheap seam around the bottom. The least they could have done is to paint that part of the tank black so it doesn't stick out like a sore thumb.

3 hours ago, pegasus46 said:

The Triumph tank looks like shet because of the cheap seam around the bottom. The least they could have done is to paint that part of the tank black so it doesn't stick out like a sore thumb.

Compared to modern bikes, I would agree. As a retro bike, that seam looks perfectly fine, and that bike screams being a retro bike. Best I can remember, all of my old bikes had tanks just like that.

Archived