The MT-07 Forum

DJ PC FC basic controller?

Stromer

Hi all new here and just  picked up a 15 fz07, has the Akro carbon complete exhaust and came with k and n filter ready to install.

Bike runs pretty well, but there are some lean signs showing and  I want to add a fuel controller before filter goes in. Can't find anyone here who has mentioned the basic, DJ Pc FC that accepts PC5 maps, but only allows fuel mix settings, much like the PC3 I used on my Vstrom 1000. It can be had for under 300 Can here in Canada.  

Down side is you can't adjust other perimeters, but not sure I need that.

If I did need more I would be inclined to go the Flash Tune ecu, as I think that has the most adjustment, and , hey Jake the Garden Snake uses it!

There's been a few mentions of using the PCFC on here, not always positive experiences.

The PCV adjusts ignition timing also which benefits performance of this engine. The existing PCV fuelling maps out there have been optimised with the corresponding timing maps in mind, this may be why PCFC users that install the fuel maps only may not be optimal.

Plenty of fuel controller options, it really comes down to your budget and features wanted.

On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 5:51 PM, Stromer said:

Thanks stickshift, kinda thought that might be the consensus, FT ecu it is, only 200 more anyway. Its only money!

There is this to consider also, if you want to save a few clams.

https://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-Injection-Programmer-2015-2017-8120147/dp/B00XIGTJDC/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1544020328&sr=8-3&keywords=dobeck+EJK+yamaha+FZ-07

Beemer

Thanks, somehow missed that one, but I found a good deal on the FT ecu here in Canada. And if an existing map doesn't work I will take it the local dyno

I run the PCV with a quickshifter and their autotune setup. If I was to do it all over again I would go the FTECU route with their active tune setup along with a quickshifter. Not saying the PCV setup I run doesn't work well (it works very well) it's just not a clean install and takes up a lot of real estate under the rear seat. With the FTECU kit you only have a few wires to deal with and you're done.

Archived