The MT-07 Forum

Motorcycle Books

minkster

The weather has been a little cold for riding, so I have been reading about bikes and bikers instead.  Here are a few I've read:

Sonny Barger's autobiography-- He led a life you wouldn't believe.

https://www.amazon.com/Hells-Angel-Autobiography-Sonny-Barger-ebook/dp/B0012OYBOO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1543773474&sr=8-1&keywords=sonny+barger

Freedom's Rush-- Tales from the road

https://www.amazon.com/Freedoms-Rush-Tales-Biker-Beast-ebook/dp/B00G1XDP2A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1543773443&sr=8-1&keywords=freedom's+rush

Chronicles of a Motorcycle Gypsy-- 49 states on an FZ-07!

https://www.amazon.com/Chronicles-Motorcycle-Gypsy-States-Tour-ebook/dp/B07KF57NPX/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1543773420&sr=8-1&keywords=motorcycle+gypsy

I could use a few book recommendations for winter if you have any....

Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance by Robert M. Pirsig, an exploration of the metaphysics of quality.

1 hour ago, mjh937 said:

I think that last book was written by @zombiphone.  I expect she will correct me if I am wrong though. 

Can confirm! That was basically what consumed the last year of my life (following the two years spent on said adventure). Awesome to see someone actually reading it! I hope I can give you a laugh or two out of it! 

That said, I also love motorcycle memoirs! I finished Jupiter's Travels a bit ago, and was hit or miss on that one. I'd recommend it if just because it's a classic, but his writing style can be a bit too slow and overly descriptive for me, and his arrogance was a little off putting sometimes. Still a good adventure though! 

I'm working on Investment Biker right now. It's well written and kind of fun because the dudes girlfriend is so badass and resourceful, but I'm not super into the finance talks.

Once I'm done with that, I have the book for Long Way Round on my coffee table. I loved the show so I'm hoping the book will be good too

Zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance is always a good one (His sort of sequel Lila is also interesting, but it involves boats instead of bikes. I liked it just as much though) 

And I'm planning to read Lone Rider (Elspeth Beard's book - the first British woman to circumnavigate on a bike) once I'm done with the others. 

My partner just bought Freedoms Rush on Amazon, so I'll be checking that out too!

.... I guess part of why I wanted to write a book is because I love reading everyone else's, haha

Published 'Chronicles of a Motorcycle Gypsy' a book about my travels on the FZ, and a writer for Motorcyclist Magazine

2 hours ago, zombiphone said:

Can confirm! That was basically what consumed the last year of my life (following the two years spent on said adventure). Awesome to see someone actually reading it! I hope I can give you a laugh or two out of it! 

That said, I also love motorcycle memoirs! I finished Jupiter's Travels a bit ago, and was hit or miss on that one. I'd recommend it if just because it's a classic, but his writing style can be a bit too slow and overly descriptive for me, and his arrogance was a little off putting sometimes. Still a good adventure though! 

I'm working on Investment Biker right now. It's well written and kind of fun because the dudes girlfriend is so badass and resourceful, but I'm not super into the finance talks.

Once I'm done with that, I have the book for Long Way Round on my coffee table. I loved the show so I'm hoping the book will be good too

Zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance is always a good one (His sort of sequel Lila is also interesting, but it involves boats instead of bikes. I liked it just as much though) 

And I'm planning to read Lone Rider (Elspeth Beard's book - the first British woman to circumnavigate on a bike) once I'm done with the others. 

My partner just bought Freedoms Rush on Amazon, so I'll be checking that out too!

.... I guess part of why I wanted to write a book is because I love reading everyone else's, haha

Hells yeah, rock on girl.

Now, when you gonna write an article for us? I can publish any artwork or whtvr to our articles section, write about your journey and your book, and post a couple links to it within "hint hint" These threads/pages rank very well in google search. 

3 hours ago, FZ07R WaNaB said:

Let's not forget Neil Peart's book "Ghost Rider: Travels on the Healing Road" as well as his other books. Hey, if it was written by the drummer for the band "Rush", it's got to be good  😎

https://www.amazon.com/Ghost-Rider-Travels-Healing-Road/dp/1550225480/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1543836411&sr=1-2&keywords=ghost+rider

I've always liked their song lyrics, they're my favorite band because of that. Neil Peart is not only an excellent writer but he's a genius on the drums. Probably some very good reading there.

Beemer

Always good reading, handy to have and a great gift, around $24 from Amazon;

(Or the factory manual for around $90)

IMG_20181203_164052_resized.thumb.jpg.7c975f38aac11cc058d3e83477ba880d.jpg

You'll never poop in such pleasure again, a great coffee table or bathroom reader;

IMG_20181203_164309_resized.thumb.jpg.e66f4e94a1fd446efd71edc063fe27fb.jpg 

Anything written by Peter Egan.  "Leanings I, II & III".

Please Mister Fantasy play us a tune, something to make us all happy.    Stevie Winwood / Traffic, 1967

Archived