Sign in to follow this  
bakamoto

FZ won't start

bakamoto

I went to start up my bike and its cranking, but seems like its not getting fuel/spark.  

We moved to a new place to take care of my grandfather and unfortunately there isn't a garage.   We had rain coming so i threw a big tarp over the bike and wrapped it up nice and cozy, but I woke up yesterday and the tarp had blown off. 

I decided to try the charger so I waited till today to try starting.

I checked the fuses and they're all good.  I was honestly hoping it would be one of them.

Any Ideas?

Mad

If i not the battery maybe the fuel  , the tank is full? 

How many miles have you done? 

• Like 1

jamespz03

Will it work with the kickstand up?

• Like 2

Laben

I was thinking the same thing as @emperor_Wurm maybe water somehow got to the plugs.

• Like 1

cornerslider

If it cranks strong, it's probably NOT the battery. The electronics/ignition components on this bike are pretty well protected from the elements, and should be able to pretty much ride though a monsoon! I would look for something "simple"- a side stand safety switch, or clutch engagement switch? Maybe the "lean-angle sensor" got wet, and tricked the computer into thinking the bike got tipped over? I'd be willing to bet it's something simple. These bikes are too new, and to reliable to just "not run"......

Edited by cornerslider
  • Like 2

""W.O.T. until you see god, then brake"

bakamoto

Got it running, thanks guys👌🏻  Turned out that somehow my Power Commander stopped working. I noticed the light was off so I removed it and the bike ran. The power commander didn’t seem wet, and it’s been fine for months, so I’m not sure what happened. I’m letting it air out and I’ll see if it’ll work but I may just flash the ECU instead.

• Like 1

Beemer

Good to see you found the problem and got it running. I was going to mention that the other day when I tried to start my bike in the morning (around the high 40's) it didn't want to start. It cranked and cranked without a hiccup but it finally went from bup-bup to blap blap, roooar!. I had the urge all the while to crack that throttle but I knew better.

If not a heated garage I feel a mild heat source overnight and underneath the oil pan will help this bike on cold mornings. It just cranked slow like there was fudge in the crank case. The battery was good.

• Like 1

Beemer