The MT-07 Forum

Exhaust headers repair

adamo

Hi Everybody,

I got arrow exhaust for few bucks from crashed fz07, the only thing that missing are headers. However the middle part of exhaust has some damage and i would like to ask your opinion if it is worth to try repairing it. New header pipes will be around 180eur, the middle pipe where the lambda connects would be another 150 so I would like it to get repaired if possible.

What do you think?

RgB7QYX.jpg

I would absolutely try to repair that. I think the careful application of excessive brute force and a pry bar inserted into the y-pipe might pop that crease/dent out enough to mate up to the head pipes. Who cares how it looks, you'll never see it under the motor. As long as you can get everything connected up. Use a BIGGER bar tho so you're dealing with manageable leverage ratios.

Ya got nothin to lose.

Thanks for chipping in, I was also reading about plugging the holes, putting water inside and let it freeze. While getting back to the liquid state it should pop the thing back but i don't know if it also applies for 4t bike headers.

Yeah connecting it up, that will be the fun part.

Just now, adamo said:

Thanks for chipping in, I was also reading about plugging the holes, putting water inside and let it freeze. While getting back to the liquid state it should pop the thing back but i don't know if it also applies for 4t bike headers.

Yeah connecting it up, that will be the fun part.

The problem with relying on a freezing/expanding fluid is controlling or predicting where it will 'push'.

Archived