The MT-07 Forum

noise coming from left hand side of engine during deceleration

richo397

hello first time poster, im getting some out of the ordinary (for the mt07/fz07) during deceleration it almost sounds like there is washer bouncing around in the engine to best describe it. this noise only occurs when i am under load and decelerating if i pull the clutch in the noise stops, any suggestions as to what it could be ??? i am aware of the normal sounds the mt/fz makes but this is new sound that has only just come by me  

This has been mentioned in the past, not sure if a thread was done on it but I heard the same thing after I got my bike. Only I thought it was coming from inside my pipe. I never found out what it was but it never caused a problem and I haven't heard it in quite awhile now. GL!

Beemer

Gerbels

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

Check your chain tension . It there is too much slack the chain could be rubbing/slapping the lower part of the counter sprocket cover .

Archived