The MT-07 Forum

Hand ,wind guards

West

Has anyone put hand windscreens on? Puig has exact fit, but they are really pricey..any other ideas,and looking at red to match bike.

I've never paid less than $140 for quality handguards for any of my bikes. There are the Chinese knockoffs online, but a lot of those wont even fit. 

Pick a set from here https://www.revzilla.com/search?_utf8=✓&query=fz07+hand+guards

The sw-motech cobra fit really nice but don't offer as much wind protection as the larger ones

that are available. They offer extensions but I haven't tried them.  

• Global Moderator
1 hour ago, West said:

Yeah, thanks, but not one of the choices fit 2018 mt07..

Are the handlebars different on the 2018?  I thought they were the same. 

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, West said:

All the links just say"sorry this does not fit your bike".

I ran into a lot of that when I got my 2017. Many sites didn't update their  list compatibility for the 2017 until 2018. I'd confirm with an email/call with the manufacture before ruling anything out.  I've lost track of how many times I had to search on 2016 to find parts for my 2017. I don't think Akrapovic ever did update their Akra Ti exhaust to list that it supports the 2017 model even though to works perfectly on mine.

Good luck finding guards that work for you.  👍

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

Thanks. will do that. I do not like bulky heated gloves, the hand windscreen have always worked for me on other bikes.

intensity_white

Barkbusters makes a Storm kit with special two sided "backbone" for 18 MT07.

https://www.twistedthrottle.com/barkbusters-storm-handguard-kit-for-yamaha-mt-07-18-bhg-067-storm

As you can see, it's longer than normal so that the second attachment point can fit below the bend in the bar.  The single sided backbones also work nicely. 

I would personally avoid the Puig guards--they mount on a bracket that screws to the mirror mount.  

• 3 months later...

Thanks, I bought Storm barkbusters AND heated gloves. Just used heated grips in Tasmania and may do that too next winter!

Archived