The MT-07 Forum

akrapovic exhaust differences

Dare738

Hey I just got an akrapovic Ti I wanted the one with the carbon fiber tip but the shop got the regular Ti instead. Is there a difference between them? Does the one with carbon fiber tip give you more hp? I’m asking because I got the 2wdw ecu reflash and I told them I had the akrapovic Ti with the carbon fiber tip not knowing the shop got the regular Ti exhaust instead, now I don’t know if I need to get my ecu reflashed again. Also is there a difference with the exhaust for the different fz 07 model years?

• Premium Member

The one with the carbon tip has a different part number, and is a different pipe all together.... It makes SLIGHTLY more HP-(like .25 more) I highly doubt it would make a difference in the flash though? I'd ask the above party ^ for confirmation though. Hope that helps-

""W.O.T. until you see god, then brake"

• Global Moderator

I think @cornerslider is thinking about the full carbon Akra, which is very different than the Ti one.  I believe the carbon tip on the Ti is just a different material for that small part. 

21 minutes ago, mjh937 said:

I think @cornerslider is thinking about the full carbon Akra, which is very different than the Ti one.  I believe the carbon tip on the Ti is just a different material for that small part. 

I’m not sure, looking at the website they look like it’s a small difference but I’m not sure if it would make enough difference for the reflash. I sent an email to Nel to find out but I probably won’t hear back till Friday or Saturday 

11 minutes ago, 2wheeldynoworks said:

It makes zero difference in the mapping!

Thanks! That being said the mapping is amazing, the engine braking is pretty much gone and with the ECU flash from you guys in first gear the wheel goes up with the throttle alone. Also the throttle is so smooth in its power delivery. With the akra Ti and the dna air filter the bike is so loud I don’t know why people would even want to remove the baffle 

• Premium Member
16 hours ago, mjh937 said:

I honestly don't know why Akrapovic makes three different full exhaust systems for the FZ-07..... But they do- The one with the carbon tip on the Ti system uses a different "can" altogether. It looks to be a little shorter & "fatter" as well. I appears that it doesn't make a difference in the mapping though 😎

""W.O.T. until you see god, then brake"

Archived