The MT-07 Forum

Firstgear Thermo 1-Piece Suit

r1limited

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/firstgear-thermo-1-piece-suit?utm_term=Firstgear+Thermo+1-Piece+Suit&utm_source=criteo&utm_medium=retargeting&utm_content=Firstgear&utm_campaign=non-buyers

I can tell you this.  I have had this suite for 10 years about and its in great shape.  I have worn it in 30 degrees to 50 and it keeps you warm and dry

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

I looked at those last winter but ended up with a Joe Rocker Survivor suit instead.  I only chose the Joe Rocket over the First Gear due to the JR suit having a full suite of armor. Is the FG suit really without armor? And how does is do in heavy rain? The JR suit leaked like a sieve until I fixed it ...

Great suggestion!  Although where the hell is the black friday discount?!!?  I am as disappointed as somebody that sat through an entire women's basketball game.  pfffffff...    no offense to the snowflakes....

@shinyribsno armour, but I wear my ful gear under it.  In fact at 50 with full gear your a tad too warm.  I purchased just a size above for me just to wear my gear.  I do not trust any rain suit with armour to be honest.

I have yet to ride through a hurrincane, but I have been drenched in it and stayed dry.  NO SUIT in any lenghty time will keep you dry in a shet storm

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

I appreciate you sharing your experience with this suit. Ive been eyeing it for a while now

I like one piece thermal suits best because they're the easiest to get in and out of if the fit and design is right and both of those suits look nice. For someone looking for a winter suit that offers a little crash protection there's this. For the money you can't go wrong. The reviews on them look good.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CSG3CP8/ref=psdc_404848011_t2_B005JWFBPI

https://www.amazon.com/Motorcycle-Textile-Waterproof-Windproof-Jacket/dp/B076PQ7YC3/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1543327901&sr=1-1&keywords=Xtreemgear+winter+jacket

Suggested to me by @DewMan, why not a good snowmobile suit for warmth??? 

https://www.amazon.com/JETHWEAR-Polar-Piece-Suit-XXX-Large/dp/B07B4DQS4B/ref=sr_1_7?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1543330010&sr=1-7&keywords=one+piece+snowmobile+suit+mens

Beemer

AlbatrossCafe

I also have had the FirstGear for over 3 years. I ride year round in Seattle. Coldest I've ridden is 26 degrees. It keeps you warm for the average commute (<45 minutes). Recently I rode to Portland from Seattle (around 3 hours) and it was 44 degrees and sprinkling. I was pretty cold after an hour and a half or so, so if you are taking longer jaunts more layers are recommended. However, it does get hot at 55+, especially if you have just worked out 😅

It makes you look like an astronaut, but it does its job well. As far as in heavy rain, I have not done anything extra to waterproof it. It will soak in 30 min or so, but I still stay mostly dry underneath (except for inner elbows). You also have to be careful at the zipper/seam because if material bunches up, it may form a little pool of water that seeps in haha. But if I just knock that down every 10 min or be careful in the way I sit, it is no problem.

It is a great commuting suit. Easy to put on. Easy to fit gear underneath. Effective. Good price. The quality lasts. The ONLY thing I wish it had was armor. It is fast to put on, but you are effectively putting on two outfits when you put regular gear underneath, which kills efficiency a bit. If it had built in plates it would be perfect.

52 minutes ago, AlbatrossCafe said:

Recently I rode to Portland from Seattle (around 3 hours) and it was 44 degrees and sprinkling. I was pretty cold after an hour and a half or so,

I used a gerbins battery Electric Vest.  on med in coldest of weather (35 - 45) it makes for a very comfortable run

Archived