Sign in to follow this  
jasonaz1

Engine cage vs sliders

jasonaz1
Does anyone make a cage for our bike and what's y'all opinions on a cage vs sliders in a fall down?
Think cage would offer better protection and looks "cooler"
Sliders more subtle approach and still help with damage

hippiebikerchick
I think it's a style thingie. Cruisers have chrome, fringe and crash bars; sportbikes have sliders. Crash bars might look strange on a sportbike.

Illegitimi non carborundum

vi5a
Unless you're stunting, sliders are sufficient. Cages would add quite a bit of unwanted weight.

jasonaz1
I think it's a style thingie. Cruisers have chrome, fringe and crash bars; sportbikes have sliders. Crash bars might look strange on a sportbike.

Talking about the ones you find on a freestyle/stunt bike

Like this one
http://m.ebay.com/itm/181446304768?nav=SEARCH

Unless you're stunting, sliders are sufficient. Cages would add quite a bit of unwanted weight.

Yeah those are the ones I'm talking about.

Thanks guys

hippiebikerchick
Ohhhhh, I get it now! that's pretty cool!
  • Like 1

Illegitimi non carborundum

trebec
Yeah but can we buy any of that stuff, cause it makes the bike look really cool. I really like that belly pan guard, that thing is slick and in blue I think it would be really nice

Follow me on Instagram. http://instagram.com/trebec

prediddy
I really dig the engine cage/tubes and oil filter cover. The rest looks a little busy for my taste. It sure would be nice if they are offered individually.

nmucat
I like those bars. I want a set in nlue to match the frame.

dannyfz07
I'd let them do my Red FZ like that ... that hits all the marks for me.
Some of the stuff on that bike is cool, I just want that cage.
If you watch the video you can see that there's 2 different bikes used. The new Moto cage and a custom one with a full cage that wraps around the whole engine going under the bike. I want that custom cage aha. I contacted Impaktech on how much for a full stunt cage and also some race sliders, just waiting for a reply. They have some awesome cages and the race sliders offer a lot more protection than normal frame sliders.  

• Like 1

jasonaz1
If you watch the video you can see that there's 2 different bikes used. The new Moto cage and a custom one with a full cage that wraps around the whole engine going under the bike. I want that custom cage aha. I contacted Impaktech on how much for a full stunt cage and also some race sliders, just waiting for a reply. They have some awesome cages and the race sliders offer a lot more protection than normal frame sliders.  

Lmk what they say

bigity

Any word? I want to get a legit cage as well. :/