The MT-07 Forum

Engine cage vs sliders

jasonaz1

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

I think it's a style thingie. Cruisers have chrome, fringe and crash bars; sportbikes have sliders. Crash bars might look strange on a sportbike.

Illegitimi non carborundum

I think it's a style thingie. Cruisers have chrome, fringe and crash bars; sportbikes have sliders. Crash bars might look strange on a sportbike.

Talking about the ones you find on a freestyle/stunt bike

Like this one
http://m.ebay.com/itm/181446304768?nav=SEARCH

Unless you're stunting, sliders are sufficient. Cages would add quite a bit of unwanted weight.

Yeah those are the ones I'm talking about.

Thanks guys

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Ohhhhh, I get it now! that's pretty cool!

Illegitimi non carborundum

I really dig the engine cage/tubes and oil filter cover. The rest looks a little busy for my taste. It sure would be nice if they are offered individually.

I'd let them do my Red FZ like that ... that hits all the marks for me.
Some of the stuff on that bike is cool, I just want that cage.
If you watch the video you can see that there's 2 different bikes used. The new Moto cage and a custom one with a full cage that wraps around the whole engine going under the bike. I want that custom cage aha. I contacted Impaktech on how much for a full stunt cage and also some race sliders, just waiting for a reply. They have some awesome cages and the race sliders offer a lot more protection than normal frame sliders.  

If you watch the video you can see that there's 2 different bikes used. The new Moto cage and a custom one with a full cage that wraps around the whole engine going under the bike. I want that custom cage aha. I contacted Impaktech on how much for a full stunt cage and also some race sliders, just waiting for a reply. They have some awesome cages and the race sliders offer a lot more protection than normal frame sliders.  

Lmk what they say

• 1 month later...

Any word? I want to get a legit cage as well. :/

Archived