The MT-07 Forum

Yamaha heated grips review

phanomenal07

So to start I was a little disappointed by the heat intensity. I think they work fine for temps above 50. I was pretty comfortable wearing my summer gloves riding around town in 50 degrees. I don't know how it would've turned out if I had to take it on the highway. I had my winter gloves on yesterday at 42 degrees on the highway. I couldn't really feel the heat threw the gloves but I felt like it was making a bit of a difference keeping me slightly warmer. I was comfortable the whole ride. They do blend in really well so  that's nice. Debating weather or not I want to post them in the classified and buy the Oxford grip to compare

• Global Moderator

Mine are almost too hot on the high setting.  I cannot keep it on high for very long without getting uncomfortably hot, even with my thick winter gloves on.  Did you set yours for a 600+ cc bike?

1 hour ago, mjh937 said:

Mine are almost too hot on the high setting.  I cannot keep it on high for very long without getting uncomfortably hot, even with my thick winter gloves on.  Did you set yours for a 600+ cc bike?

I did. But I'll double check when I get home

I wear uline industrial nitral gloves under my Weather gloves.  Even in 30 noce and toasty

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

5 hours ago, mjh937 said:

Ditto. Ive ridden ~40 degrees f and have to move them down to medium after a few minutes.

AlbatrossCafe

There is a whole thread dedicated to this here:

I have found they are decent enough for just about any temp if you keep it <45 minute trip. I have ridden down to 26 degrees. They keep the insides of hands warm enough. The outsides start to get cold after 20 min or so. I use the high setting pretty much exclusively.

One thing I noticed is that after  60-70 minutes, they stop outputting good heat. It's almost like they need a break. I rode 3 hours from Seattle to Portland, OR a few weeks ago and it was 44 degrees and sprinkling. After about an hour and a half, it barely felt like they were on. Even when I warmed up and took my gloves off, and let the bike idle with the grips on, they weren't very hot to the touch. That was odd.

I have the same experience as @JBrock and @mjh937 . I've gone to the highest setting only once and only for a few minutes.  I'm usually 50/50 between setting one and two.

Instagram: @jayparrington 

Really? I didn't get a chance to check the settings yesterday. But this is very interesting. I doubt I have a super heat tolerence or anything. 

Archived