The MT-07 Forum

When yu cannot beat them, get AMA/AFT to change the rules

r1limited

OK I been in the barn a long time.  I have seen this situation a ffew times before.  Roberts on the XS750 Factory yamaha Shell, Honda RS750 restrictors and so on.  You see along comes Indian and starts woppin ass on HD, HD cannot innovate and so retire the XR750 as it runs about 30k a rebuild and this is done a few times a year for a full fledged race team.  The XGR750 is ,, well an XR.  The XR a formindable purpose built motor had its share of restrictors and such in its time as well to bring back other manufactures to GNC.  As of today we see KTM, Ducati, Triumph (well not last year), Suzuki, Kawasaki  and Yamaha jump back in then comes Indian.  I can agree with the first two rule changes, but the restirctor I am not 100% sold on that.  I admit it was a boring season seaing Meese pretty much just play with everyone.  But then if you know Meese, they guy is a brute, he is disciplined and he is in it for all he can put in.  I cannot say that for the others, Halburt since Jeffro passed has lost his edge (Sure glad he dumped the Old Pit pass around skank, People will know who I refer to), Bonsi may never be what he was, I root for the kid as he is D36 (The best) Baumans now if Bronson can get serious there you have a racer, Smith, well every sport has to have a bridesmaid

I digress

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/american-flat-track-indian-says-new-rule-change-unfairly-singles-out-its-ftr750/

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

It would be funny if Indian kicks their asses, still. Of course they can always kick ass in a court of law, also.

Beemer

2 hours ago, Beemer said:

It would be funny if Indian kicks their asses, still. Of course they can always kick ass in a court of law, also.

Its the AMA oh wait I mean AFT owned and operated by NASCAR

But to be honest AFT has put Flat Tracking to a high level in many years.  Not complaining.

Indian just needs to pay the AMA more than HD :) ok here we go the ol HD owns AMA argument.  Well it does

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

And this is even better news, now we are back to the Class C Novice rider format as it once was in the golden era.  This is exciting.  You will see more FZ's, SV's, Kawasakis and Ducs.  This is cool

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/american-flat-track-aft-production-twins-class-expanding-to-11-events-in-2019/

American Flat Track confirmed today the details of its expansion of the AFT Production Twins division for the 2019 season. AFT Production Twins will compete at all Half-Mile and Mile tracks on the schedule – a total of eleven events – and will constitute a full-fledged championship class, complete with a #1 plate going to the rider amassing the most points at the end of the season.

Intended to serve as a transition between AFT Singles and the premier AFT Twins presented by Vance & Hines class, AFT Production Twins will give up-and-coming athletes the opportunity to gain valuable seat time and experience on faster, more powerful AFT Twins motorcycles as they consider their future as full-time AFT Twins competitors. It also offers twin-cylinder opportunities to AFT Singles-licensed riders that may have ridden AFT Twins in past years but hadn’t scored championship points.

The AFT Production Twins class features production-based, twin-cylinder motorcycle engines from BMW, Ducati, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Yamaha street bikes with displacements between 649-800cc. Race-only engines from machines such as the Harley-Davidson XR750, Honda RS750 and Indian Scout FTR750 are not eligible.

Both the FansChoice.tv live stream and the NBCSN telecast will feature the AFT Production Twins as part of their coverage in 2019, so fans following the action and riders looking for exposure opportunities will appreciate and benefit from the expanded coverage.

“Since the AFT class restructuring in 2017, AFT Twins and AFT Singles classes have served up spectacular racing action,” said Michael Lock, CEO of American Flat Track. “As the sport continues to grow we have identified an opportunity for a third championship class – to showcase upcoming new talented riders prior to them joining the elite athletes of the sport. At all Half-Mile and Mile tracks in 2019, fans will get to witness even more of America’s Original Extreme Sport.”

Riders licensed for AFT Singles may compete in both AFT Production Twins and AFT Singles on the same day. Riders licensed for AFT Twins, however, may only compete in either AFT Twins or AFT Production Twins at any given event. The class will feature a purse payout structured similarly to that of the AFT Singles class. Contingency support of the AFT Production Twins class has been confirmed and final announcements will be made in the coming weeks along with other exciting developments and partnerships for the 2019 American Flat Track season.

AND IT GETS EVEN BETTER

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/american-flat-track-indian-presents-its-2019-race-team-including-brad-bakers-new-role/

The Bauman Brothers and Meese.  First D36 riders rule the roost man, these two kids are awesome.  Briar is one freaking joke after another and funny as hell.  Dead serious on the seat and if he is in front of you it wont be easy getting around him and if he is behind you, your donky fodder.  His lil brother will be the padwan learner but he is no slouch either.  I really really am hoping Mikey Rush #54 gets the HD ride, the kid deserves it.  I remember when his dad brought him home from the hospital, straight to our house.

TeamIndian.jpg

Archived