The MT-07 Forum

Benelli 752S Parallel Twin

chademinent

https://www.cycleworld.com/benelli-752s-parallel-twin-roadster-first-look-review

What do you think?  Like the looks?  

I personally like how the bike looks, also it looks like they are using some decent components to put this bike together.  SHould be interesting to see how it does in the EU.

I have always been a fan of Benelli, when they attempted the tornado some years back I was hoping they would progress that bike.  This 752 looks awesome, suspension alone is a great sell point. 

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, chademinent said:

https://www.cycleworld.com/benelli-752s-parallel-twin-roadster-first-look-review

What do you think?  Like the looks?  

I personally like how the bike looks, also it looks like they are using some decent components to put this bike together.  SHould be interesting to see how it does in the EU.

I agree with you on looks and decent components, it will be more interesting to see what price tag they slap on it to cover the cost of decent suspension and the like.

1 hour ago, emperor_Wurm said:

bad residual value.....Chinese bike. I used to set the residual values for motorcycles in the US for the blue book....

Maybe good value  second hand therefore.  That is how I bought my Kymco Venox, and then ran it until repair was not worthwhile - 11 years later.

Just do it! 

Thats actually a pretty darn sharp looking bike to my eyes. Wonder what the weight will be...and the price....of course im sure itll never hit shores in the US

It doesn't look bad and the seat looks more comfortable than my 2015 FZ-07's.

Side note: Now, if some Japanese group (like Yamaha 😉) would buy out H.D. so they stop putting out wannabe Japanese bikes. 🤣

Beemer

On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 4:55 AM, faffi said:

Reminds me of the Suzuki Gladius.

Correction, the "Fattius". There, that's better! 😉

Beemer

Actually I like the looks better than the Manga looks of ours. And it has real front forks. Marzocchi no less.

May end up being a better bike than the 07.

Remember the BMW F800 twins are made in China as well. Had one and it was a beauty. The servicing being forced to the dealer was the reason I sold it.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

Compression and power like our bikes, 11.5:1, 77 h.p. at 8500 rpm and 49.5 of torque at 6500 rpm. plus the added benefit of dual 320 mm Brembo's and some up to date LED headlights aaaand better shocks. Even if it is heavier than the MT-07 and maybe not as quick it still may be a better ride. It certainly has some better parts and features. I'm a Yamaha guy and I love my FZ-07 but I'm sure Yamaha does, too and will respond kindly in the future to top this bike. 

Beemer

No matter how good it looks or what not...Until they have as many dealers in the US say like Yamaha (they will never have since trade deals) DO NOT BUY a chinese vehicle (motorcycle-scooter-car. ect ect). Just look at chinese scooters for compairison. Great scooters but once they need a part- good luck finding it. Seems the only way to get a part is go to a shady scooter garage and get charged crazy prices. Had a SYM 50cc needed a rectifier. No scooter shop would sell me one-only if I bought bike in $200+ to replace a $40 part. Also horror stories of garages that work and scooters (I doubt any of them are certified garages either) and something else happens after you get your scooter back!!!  You can only imagine with a Chinese Motorcycle.

Lastly Chinese design isnt known for safety!!! At least you have peace of mind with Japanese/US/European saftey! Chinese are only there to make a buck...you know cheap (build quality/cutting corners/no safety considerations) and inexpensive. 

Archived