The MT-07 Forum

Average rider build

TylerNT02

• Premium Member

20181113_224857.thumb.jpg.3a1f3bd716c0852f12e47fcd19c46515.jpg I know, average, it sounds super exciting! This is my first bike so I'm not going to add a lot of aftermarket performance parts (that's what the dirt bike is for). I plan on doing more cosmetic stuff like bar end mirrors, blinkers, fender eliminator, etc. After joining the forum I have been more than convinced to send my ecu off to 2wheeldynoworks soon as well. I will add more pics and product descriptions as I receive them and will probably record the installation for YouTube. 

• Like 2

That White/Red combo looks slick.  Save some budget for good protective gear as well.  Looking forward to pic updates as you get the looks dialed in for your style. 

Maybe consider frame sliders and a radiator guard on the protective side of things.  Neither cost a lot and provide a measure of protection for your baby.

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

56 minutes ago, mossrider said:

Sensible man with a sensible plan. 

Love it.

Carry on.

I'm still not convinced on tiny LED's on a sunny day, though.

Beemer

• Premium Member
11 hours ago, Zephyr said:

That White/Red combo looks slick.  Save some budget for good protective gear as well.  Looking forward to pic updates as you get the looks dialed in for your style. 

Yes I have some gear but definitely plan on getting more. Also love the red and white color scheme 

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, Liquidmetal said:

Maybe consider frame sliders and a radiator guard on the protective side of things.  Neither cost a lot and provide a measure of protection for your baby.

Oh yea, since I live in Texas I was going to go with the T-Rex frame sliders

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, Beemer said:

I'm still not convinced on tiny LED's on a sunny day, though.

If you are talking about the TST blinkers I'll let you know how they do after I get them in. 

Ima 6'2", 180lbs, size 10.5 boot,

Oh shet wrong build question

I got bars, full tube thingy from the headstuff, the ICU is flushed and I use 92 pure gas

• Like 1

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, r1limited said:

Ima 6'2", 180lbs, size 10.5 boot,

Oh shet wrong build question 

🤣I'm 5'9", 135 soaking wet with gear size 9 foot and two babies. A 2006 kawasaki kx 250 2stroke and my 18 yamaha mt 07 😁

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Well I didn't get to film the installation like I planned on doing but I have pics after I installed everything 20181125_143635.thumb.jpg.b4dff8cb938f7e86e04d7e3fba850c2c.jpg

These are the front blinkers from TST industries that have a hyper white daytime running light. These were the easiest ones to install as they were plug and play. Along with those up front are the bar end mirrors which are of pretty good quality $20 amazon mirrors. They came with bar end adapters but due to some reviews I went ahead and bought crg bar end adaptors. Also not seen is a relay for the blinkers from TST industries that was super simple to install. Just unplug the old one and plug in the new. Everything TST has a video of instalation on their website. 20181125_143706.thumb.jpg.146b78d1fe5f83b8fb6edbffd04bfa3d.jpg

here is the fender eliminator with the blinkers, both bought on Amazon, and turned out pretty good looking. The blinkers in the back have a good looking running light in a red color that goes with the brake light that I really like. The led license plate light is bright af. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Also added some machined bolts to cover where the stock mirrors were mounted. I am having some trouble adding all of the pics but will add more when I can

• 1 month later...

I added two 4"x4"x6' treated for highway pegs on my 07

I am thinking or painting it like camo or wrap in camo

• Haha 1

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

• 6 months later...