The MT-07 Forum

Retired Racer + Blown Up Ninja = New member

RojoRacing

• Global Moderator

Welcome dude, 

17 hours ago, RojoRacing said:

If you take anything away from that video it should be how most riders even track day regulars brake way too early and way too soft. You have to keep in mind that even though my little ninjas brakes weren’t stock, they are still complete shet compared to any 600 or 1000’s stock dual rotor setup. I would teach my students to pick two corners on course with two defined braking markers and focus on maximum braking power at the cost of corner speed. If they found they were stopping way too soon for the corner and then coasting in or accelerating through then they should move the braking point up 10’ or yards till it started to feel like they were approaching a limit. 

#1 loss of speed for novice and non racers is not corner speed, it’s early and soft braking. 

this video just proved to my gf that she should learn to ride on a track, by the 3rd lap she was imitating the leans(partially) for each corner 
welcome again to the forum and if you ever make it out to phoenix for a trackday with XCEL, i'll likely be there next year with my 07
maybe give me some pointers :P

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

On 11/11/2018 at 8:42 AM, RojoRacing said:

Who can guess my name?  

Oh, I know this one! I'm pretty sure you're the reason UMRA doesn't allow people to solo the 24 hour races, haha

I also still own the body work you mounted on your 250, when you raced at CVMA

Published 'Chronicles of a Motorcycle Gypsy' a book about my travels on the FZ, and a writer for Motorcyclist Magazine

1 hour ago, zombiphone said:

Oh, I know this one! I'm pretty sure you're the reason UMRA doesn't allow people to solo the 24 hour races, haha

I also still own the body work you mounted on your 250, when you raced at CVMA

I think that rule was set in stone that time someone asked to to join their 8hr team and we were like 4-5 laps in the lead after I didn’t get off for the first pit stop until nearly the 4hour mark 🤣

after an an hour I wanted to build up the lead a bit more, after 2 hours My legs hurt so much I didn’t want to have to get back on so I rode to 3 hours so the team wouldn’t ask me to ride again.  At the 3rd hour on got into an epic 30 min battle and forgot I was 3 hours into a race but then had to pit for fear of running out of fuel. After all that I still had to ride the last hour 😣

Just watched the vid. Now you all know how I felt racing a VTR250 ( 24HP) against CBR250RR's ( 40-45HP).  I didn't get to stay infront though. Taught me to ride better though

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

Archived