The MT-07 Forum

Winter Gear

RedReaper

Looking for suggestions on stuff to keep warm going 70 to 80 MPH in 50 degree or below weather. Seems like the best setup is long johns with heating cables essentially, but I don't really feel like dropping $700 on underwear just yet lol.

I can usually do okay with a couple of layers on the torso, but 2 layers doesn't do much for the legs if I'm being honest. I heard chaps are great, but wouldn't really like wearing them on the FZ since they're considered more bagger/cruiser style.

• Premium Member

I used to wear a Yamaha Snowmobile one piece suit. It was warm, blocked wind, easy to move around in and on and off easily.   Also the neck could be folded up and tucked into the bottom of your helmet.

Ed

"Do not let this bad example influence you, follow only what is good" 

I wear first gear insulated over pants and warm and safe electric jacket and gloves.

You need to acquire your stuff gradually , easier on the wallet. 

Firstgear Thermo 1-Piece Suit

You will thank me later.  I got mine at $129 it was on sale so look around.  Even in the PNW at 34 it will keep you warm and dry. 

I had a Battery powered Gerbings Vest, between the two you would start sweating in 30 degree weather.  As long as your core is warm and cozy the rest falls in line

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

41 minutes ago, r1limited said:

Firstgear Thermo 1-Piece Suit

You will thank me later.  I got mine at $129 it was on sale so look around.  Even in the PNW at 34 it will keep you warm and dry. 

I had a Battery powered Gerbings Vest, between the two you would start sweating in 30 degree weather.  As long as your core is warm and cozy the rest falls in line

Well, my nuts didn't fall in line but they did fall off. Ha! 😀

Hey, that looks like a good suit! I used to throw a one piece rain suit over a standard thermal jumpsuit and it worked pretty damned well, I bet that would work even better. Thanks for the link?

Beemer

Archived