The MT-07 Forum

Rearsets?

Dare738

Any rearset suggestions? I looked on the lightech rear sets and it’s almost as expensive as an exhaust system. Are you guys just using the one ones?

• Premium Member

I have Woodcraft rear sets, and I'm VERY pleased with them. They are infinitely adjustable. The BEST part is that EVERY single part is replaceable (individually). The replacement parts are relatively inexpensive. Woodcraft builds a quality product, and they stand behind them 100%. I think I got mine for about $359.99?

• Like 2

""W.O.T. until you see god, then brake"

• Global Moderator

Personally I would not go cheap on rearsets, but a lot of guys have had good luck with Chinese ones.  I feel it is worth paying for quality when it comes to safety items.  A footpeg breaking would ruin your day. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, cornerslider said:

I have Woodcraft rear sets, and I'm VERY pleased with them. They are infinitely adjustable. The BEST part is that EVERY single part is replaceable (individually). The replacement parts are relatively inexpensive. Woodcraft builds a quality product, and they stand behind them 100%. I think I got mine for about $359.99?

I've heard great things about woodcraft rearsets on this bike from the forums and over youtube. Would recommend them as the first option. $800 for rearsets from lightech is a little out of this world lol.

• 3 months later...
  • Premium Member

I just installed the Woodcraft rearsets on my FZ . Straight forward and easy. Just follow their instructions. They are very nicely made too.

Ed

• Like 2

"Do not let this bad example influence you, follow only what is good" 

• Premium Member

Woodcraft rearsets are easy to install and I love mine.

• Like 2

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

• Premium Member
On 11/10/2018 at 10:06 AM, cornerslider said:

The adjustability of the rear-sets by woodcraft was something I was taking into consideration as from my glance at them they seem to have a lot less than others. I maybe wrong on this, I have seen some riders use a AP moto-arts plate:

WWW.FZ07R.COM

Foot position is key to comfort and control on every sportbike.

The AP MotoArts FZ-07 R billet mounting plate moves the stock position back and up for optimal rider ergonomics. Works with stock and aftermarket foot controls. 

Available in Raw and Black. 

$179

and then use the woodcraft rearsets attached to this plate. To me as a street rider about to do a trackday I think it maybe a bit overkill, I don't know!! All information is greatly appreciated.

11 hours ago, Evill_Ed said:

I just installed the Woodcraft rearsets on my FZ . Straight forward and easy. Just follow their instructions. They are very nicely made too.

Ed

8 hours ago, blackout said:

Woodcraft rearsets are easy to install and I love mine.

Thanks guys, appreciate it.

How aggressive is the position? I'm looking to put clips on, but in the 1" rise configuration and add rearsets... I want to be over the bike more, but I don't want to be in a greyhound rooting a tennis ball position like a supersport bike puts you in.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, digitalsteve said:

Thanks guys, appreciate it.

How aggressive is the position? I'm looking to put clips on, but in the 1" rise configuration and add rearsets... I want to be over the bike more, but I don't want to be in a greyhound rooting a tennis ball position like a supersport bike puts you in.

Digitalsteve, I have mine in the lower mount position and set a little further back than stock. My feet are up and back abot an inch. It allows my knees to lock into the recesses on the tank. I haven't riden it yet, so I may adjust more. I have the woodcraft clip ons, 1.5 in, down position. I added some pics of stock vs woodcraft. 

Ed 

IMG_3922.jpg

IMG_3981.jpg

IMG_3983.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Evill_Ed said:

Digitalsteve, I have mine in the lower mount position and set a little further back than stock. My feet are up and back abot an inch. It allows my knees to lock into the recesses on the tank. I haven't riden it yet, so I may adjust more. I have the woodcraft clip ons, 1.5 in, down position. I added some pics of stock vs woodcraft. 

Ed 

IMG_3922.jpg

IMG_3981.jpg

IMG_3983.jpg

Thanks, and cool. Now what are the measurements on the floor for? Just something that caught my eye!👍

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, fzar said:

Thanks, and cool. Now what are the measurements on the floor for? Just something that caught my eye!👍

I measured the locations and heights of the original bars and foot pegs to see the differences between stock and the woodcraft parts. I have them written down in my shop. I'll gather them up and post them.

Ed 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
On 2/20/2019 at 7:32 AM, fzar said:

The adjustability of the rear-sets by woodcraft was something I was taking into consideration as from my glance at them they seem to have a lot less than others. I maybe wrong on this, I have seen some riders use a AP moto-arts plate:

WWW.FZ07R.COM

Foot position is key to comfort and control on every sportbike.

The AP MotoArts FZ-07 R billet mounting plate moves the stock position back and up for optimal rider ergonomics. Works with stock and aftermarket foot controls. 

Available in Raw and Black. 

$179

and then use the woodcraft rearsets attached to this plate. To me as a street rider about to do a trackday I think it maybe a bit overkill, I don't know!! All information is greatly appreciated.

With all due respect.... I think you may be wrong? What you don't see on any photos of the Woodcraft rear sets is that both the pegs, and all foot controls can be "rolled" up & down, as well as forward & backward. They' all  roll around the pivot point, and lock in with a pin into various holes. When I got my Woodcafts, I actually suffered form "analysis paralysis" (too many options)-

• Thanks 2

""W.O.T. until you see god, then brake"

NRWhiteKnight
7 hours ago, cornerslider said:

What you don't see on any photos of the Woodcraft rear sets is that both the pegs, and all foot controls can be "rolled" up & down, as well as forward & backward. They' all  roll around the pivot point, and lock in with a pin into various holes.

Thank you for that note. I was wondering if that might be the case. You have saved me from having to ask that question elsewhere. And I haven't even seen that point mentioned anywhere, either. While i don't have the Woodcraft's yet (will be buying in a couple of weeks), another thing that I haven't seen mentioned, and maybe I have missed it, is the actual set up of the shifting rod for regular and GP shift. I will do some more searching to see if I can find that info, too.

2018 MT-07 - Mods: Shorty Levers, Radiator Guard, Puig Sport Windscreen,Air box  Snorkel Removed.

• Premium Member
20 hours ago, cornerslider said:

What you don't see on any photos of the Woodcraft rear sets is that both the pegs, and all foot controls can be "rolled" up & down, as well as forward & backward. They' all  roll around the pivot point, and lock in with a pin into various holes. When I got my Woodcafts, I actually suffered form "analysis paralysis" (too many options)-

Another, Thank you for explaining this. It's starting to make sense now the more I look at the pics @Evill_Ed posted above. I thought for a while that it was the 2 different mounting heights to the plate that were the only adjustment. I was questioning this as its not mentioned in the video woodcraft doe's with the owner explaining about the rear-sets and he never touched on the point you made, @cornerslider. Well then I guess I'll be off to get a set. Thanks.

Here's a pic of what he's trying to explain;

Pay no attention to what the card says, these are Woodcraft. I always have at least a set and a half of spares at the track.

IMG_20190222_164141.thumb.jpg.213ad5531be6103b455e35b711aa9336.jpg

You can see the eccentric mounting of the thru bolt for the foot peg and the radial location of the alignment pin giving a approx 1/2 inch in all direction adjustability of foot pegs. 

The toe pieces for the shifter and brake lever are exactly the same but on a smaller scale. They have approx. 1/4 inch all direction adj.

IMG_20190222_164206.thumb.jpg.efcda0c3e87da484c43df992fb4ca0f5.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/20/2019 at 11:25 PM, Evill_Ed said:

IMG_3981.jpg

IMG_20190222_174032.thumb.jpg.fec5b6963f26877617abdd191501b556.jpg

Here's a good comparison pic between the same rear sets mounted to factory location (Ed's upper pic) and on the rear set plate (lower). You can compare swinger locations between the 2, Ed's covered factory pivot behind the plastic cover, mine the bare nut. The lower pic also gives a good idea of how much more aggressive the sets end up on a plate compared to stock. You can see the stock location holes in the first generation rear set plates. I have my sets in the middle of 9 option holes, this amounts to approx. 1 1/4 up and 1 inch back over stock. Pretty aggressive for the street but some folks might like it. It is cramped after a 8 lap sprint. Any lower tho and you grind the toes of your boots off.  

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, mossrider said:

Here's a good comparison pic between the same rear sets mounted to factory location (Ed's upper pic) and on the rear set plate (lower). You can compare swinger locations between the 2, Ed's covered factory pivot behind the plastic cover, mine the bare nut. The lower pic also gives a good idea of how much more aggressive the sets end up on a plate compared to stock. You can see the stock location holes in the first generation rear set plates. I have my sets in the middle of 9 option holes, this amounts to approx. 1 1/4 up and 1 inch back over stock. Pretty aggressive for the street but some folks might like it. It is cramped after a 8 lap sprint. Any lower tho and you grind the toes of your boots off.   

Thanks for the info. Did I miss a link to the rearset plates somewhere? or was that a home brew?

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

Just now, DewMan said:

Thanks for the info. Did I miss a link to the rearset plates somewhere? or was that a home brew?

Oh, these are AP Motoarts rearset plates (gen 1), latest version available on his site. There are a couple other variants I've seen from other sources available on the web.

A word of caution; these plates are structural. They reinforce and support the lower frame juncture just like the factory pieces. I have seen some home made garage engineered ones that do not take this into account and would seriously compromise the structural integrity of the bike. Just saying.

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
14 hours ago, DewMan said:

Ha,ha. I had it in a earlier post here @DewMan 

WWW.FZ07R.COM

scroll down the page and you'll find them. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
17 hours ago, mossrider said:

Here's a pic of what he's trying to explain;

Pay no attention to what the card says, these are Woodcraft. I always have at least a set and a half of spares at the track.

IMG_20190222_164141.thumb.jpg.213ad5531be6103b455e35b711aa9336.jpg

You can see the eccentric mounting of the thru bolt for the foot peg and the radial location of the alignment pin giving a approx 1/2 inch in all direction adjustability of foot pegs. 

The toe pieces for the shifter and brake lever are exactly the same but on a smaller scale. They have approx. 1/4 inch all direction adj.

IMG_20190222_164206.thumb.jpg.efcda0c3e87da484c43df992fb4ca0f5.jpg

Got it, Thanks. And I understand CFM to be woodcraft, I spent enough time on their site to know by now. To those that haven't frequented their site:

WWW.WOODCRAFT-CFM.COM

Motorcycle parts store in Winchendon, Massachusetts

• Premium Member

Not my thread, but I'd like to thank everybody who has giving insightful clarity to those of us on the fence or confused about woodcraft's rear-sets. I have their adapter plate and the fit finish is outstanding. With the pictures and explanations given, it really made my decision easier.

Thank's guy's.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
46 minutes ago, fzar said:

Not my thread, but I'd like to thank everybody who has giving insightful clarity to those of us on the fence or confused about woodcraft's rear-sets. I have their adapter plate and the fit finish is outstanding. With the pictures and explanations given, it really made my decision easier.

Thank's guy's.

They're like jewelry for your FZ.

You love her,  don't you? 

Ed