The MT-07 Forum

All the lights went out

phanomenal07

Hi.so today I rode my fz to a buddy house. It got dark when I started riding home and I notice my headlight was out. I pulled over and checked all the other lights. And none of them work. Every single light on the bike was out. I also notice my clock was no longer showing the correct time. The bike seem to be running fine and my heated grips were still working. It has been raining the last 2 days and I left my bike uncovered. I don't know if that is the cause or not. I checked the fuse chart and it looks like there is 6 different fuses that handle the lights on the bike. Is it possible for every one of these fuse to blow? Also on the chart it shows a "main fuse". What is this fuse for? And could that be the fuse that blown?

12 hours ago, phanomenal07 said:

Hi.so today I rode my fz to a buddy house. It got dark when I started riding home and I notice my headlight was out. I pulled over and checked all the other lights. And none of them work. Every single light on the bike was out. I also notice my clock was no longer showing the correct time. The bike seem to be running fine and my heated grips were still working. It has been raining the last 2 days and I left my bike uncovered. I don't know if that is the cause or not. I checked the fuse chart and it looks like there is 6 different fuses that handle the lights on the bike. Is it possible for every one of these fuse to blow? Also on the chart it shows a "main fuse". What is this fuse for? And could that be the fuse that blown?

Just pull them and take a look at them. If they're bad replace them, it's a cheap enough fix. Why they would all blow is a concern. GL!

Beemer

8 minutes ago, Beemer said:

Just pull them and take a look at them. If they're bad replace them, it's a cheap enough fix. Why they would all blow is a concern. GL!

Do you have any idea on what would cause all of them to blow?

23 minutes ago, phanomenal07 said:

Do you have any idea on what would cause all of them to blow?

I've never had that happen so I wouldn't know, although the two days of the bike sitting in the rain raises an eye brow. There are others on here that are much more knowledgeable on vehicles than I am. I'm sure they will respond soon to help. Hang in there!

Beemer

Thats cus the carbon tax was killed off here and this caused a catastophic effect on the grid

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

• Global Moderator
17 hours ago, phanomenal07 said:

there are 2 signal/aux fuses
i think they're both 10A but not 100% sure
these are the ones you'll want to look at. it's likely that in heavy rain the water got into the switch pod and shorted something, 
if you have aftermarket signals, it's likely that the water could have gotten in under the crimp/solder joint even with heatshrink and caused a short that way.
unfortunately there are too many possibilities for a blown fuse but that's your most likely culprit for the lack of light. check all your fuses then hit up an auto store and replace the blown ones... if it blows again and theres no cuts in the wiring(aftermarket additions splicing into the oem harness), take it to the dealer to diag at that point it becomes a warranty issue(if it's still in warranty)

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

13 minutes ago, sorkyah said:

there are 2 signal/aux fuses
i think they're both 10A but not 100% sure
these are the ones you'll want to look at. it's likely that in heavy rain the water got into the switch pod and shorted something, 
if you have aftermarket signals, it's likely that the water could have gotten in under the crimp/solder joint even with heatshrink and caused a short that way.
unfortunately there are too many possibilities for a blown fuse but that's your most likely culprit for the lack of light. check all your fuses then hit up an auto store and replace the blown ones... if it blows again and theres no cuts in the wiring(aftermarket additions splicing into the oem harness), take it to the dealer to diag at that point it becomes a warranty issue(if it's still in warranty)

Ok thanks for your help. I will check all the fuses tomorrow.i don't have after market signals but I do have the vagabond fender eliminator so maybe that's how the water got in. Luckily I have the extended warranty when I bought my bike so it's still covered. 

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, phanomenal07 said:

Ok thanks for your help. I will check all the fuses tomorrow.i don't have after market signals but I do have the vagabond fender eliminator so maybe that's how the water got in. Luckily I have the extended warranty when I bought my bike so it's still covered. 

Please, let us know what the cause ends up being so we can learn from your misfortune. ✌️

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

So it was 3 blown fuses. 2 10 amp for the "signal and parking light fuse" and the 15 amount headlight fuse. I replaced all three and rode with it.everything seem fine for now. But I will wait till it rain again and go for a ride and see if everything doesn't blow again.

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, phanomenal07 said:

So it was 3 blown fuses. 2 10 amp for the "signal and parking light fuse" and the 15 amount headlight fuse. I replaced all three and rode with it.everything seem fine for now. But I will wait till it rain again and go for a ride and see if everything doesn't blow again.

Wow, something, or several somethings,  had to have gotten wet for all three to blow in fast succession.  Make sure you carry several spares with you on your ride. Which I'm assuming everyone does already on every ride?  Thanks for the update. ✌️

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

Archived