I just saw that, talk about shooting a hole into the Twin Sport class

mossrider

Towel please....

sorkyah
On 11/6/2018 at 8:56 AM, mossrider said:

Towel please....

a couple for me as well

fzar

Raising the Bar a tad!!! WoW that is sweet.

Cruizin

That bike is sick! 

Aprilia-RS-660-concept-A3-04.jpg

topazsparrow

loving the red engine.

mossrider

Another towel please....

Love me my Yamaha but this wicked looking thing would have saved me a ton of work for the track over the FZ.

And if it's less than $14,100 cheaper too.

Fricken Italians,

I hate my life. 

prospeed44

jesus farking christ - THAT ...is the mutts nuts !!!

Beemer

That's one sinister looking SOB! EL Diablo himself would be proud to ride it. I just wonder how much better a parallel twin it has than our 07 or will it be better? Ours has been the one to beat for years now.

MT27

My Dorsoduro 750 was pretty reliable. I wonder how good this engine will be.

sorkyah

being an aprilla, I dont see it being any less than 15k @mossrider but then again
the rsv4 is nearly 20k  and the shiver is 12k, but it's a naked

fzar

It has the looks, we know Aprilia can build chassis that are top notch, the question for me is the motor reliability, don’t get me wrong. I’m sure they put a lot of time into building a solid motor. Is this the revival of the RS 125’s,250’s of the mid 90’s 2-stroke era???? ( Suzuki motors) ^^^^ in the 125’s I’m sure of, the 250’s not 100%. I mean seeming as every manufacturer is trying to get in on the middleweight class and the 4 bangers aren’t as popular as they once were ( zxr 6 <$10k) might help to keep them alive in Kawasaki’s case. I’d like to see what the Moto journo’s have to say after they get to ride them, maybe it would be worth $15k??? I couldn’t afford it, new at least. 

gregjet

OH my lord that is beautiful EXCEPT ...single pivot rear suspension... ERK!!! Having raced 2 single pivot rear ended bikes, I can tell you that getting the rear to behave itself  is a pain. Especially with a centrally weighted bike. No matter how good the rear shock is.

Will it be an awesome bike ...probably. Will it have a good motor...almost certainly ( from the people that made possibly the greatest production motorbike motor EVER, with the worst valves. the RXV and SXV). Will it handle YES... with the proviso that you aren't riding where the rear end has to behave itself well.

• Like 1

blackout
10 hours ago, gregjet said:

OH my lord that is beautiful EXCEPT ...single pivot rear suspension... ERK!!! Having raced 2 single pivot rear ended bikes, I can tell you that getting the rear to behave itself  is a pain. Especially with a centrally weighted bike. No matter how good the rear shock is.

Will it be an awesome bike ...probably. Will it have a good motor...almost certainly ( from the people that made possibly the greatest production motorbike motor EVER, with the worst valves. the RXV and SXV). Will it handle YES... with the proviso that you aren't riding where the rear end has to behave itself well.

Yup, I agree.   I think they got lazy trying to package a better rear shock setup.  And that shock is at a large angle.   A poor motion ratio and a digressive spring rate could be problems.