Jump to content
r1limited

Curtis Electric 0-60 in 2.1s

Recommended Posts

Liquidmetal

I have yet to see an electric bike that even remotely interests me.

 

I'll take none of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beemer

The Pacer was hideous also, not even nice wheels and a (edit: Starsky and Hutch) race stripe could help it. It died young. No sniffling here for either.

 

 

pacer.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DewMan
10 hours ago, Beemer said:

The Pacer was hideous also, not even nice wheels and a race stripe could help it. It died young. No sniffling here for either.

 

That's because it needs flames to be cool. SHWING!!!!

 

1166700600_Waynesworld.thumb.jpg.307273ca0afb572616ed1a35ade65aaa.jpg 

Edited by DewMan
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
faffi

I doubt it, far too homely even for Mr. Flintstone 😜

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beemer
13 hours ago, DewMan said:

 

That's because it needs flames to be cool. SHWING!!!!

 

1166700600_Waynesworld.thumb.jpg.307273ca0afb572616ed1a35ade65aaa.jpg 

Ha! When it's party time nothing matters!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sorkyah
19 hours ago, blackout said:

Nothing makes sense on that bike!....  But this electric bike is sick!

Mission-R-swingarm-Speedymoto.jpg

is that one of the Isle of man TT electrics?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
blackout
1 hour ago, sorkyah said:

is that one of the Isle of man TT electrics?

Might be.  I had that pic on my computer, but forget the details on the bike.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beemer

Have a question. If an electric bike isn't making pollution but the electric company that charges it's batteries is then what's the difference in the carbon foot print? Is it actually making a difference to the environment and if so, how much?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
faffi

IIRC, with about 10k miles annually, a battery-car starts to make environmental pros after 2-3 years, depending on model, if run on "clean" power. If run on coal, I believe it is 4-6 years.  That's global, taking into account production pollution, use and recycling. Locally, they make sense from day one by reducing the amount of fumes people have to breathe. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
blackout
7 hours ago, faffi said:

IIRC, with about 10k miles annually, a battery-car starts to make environmental pros after 2-3 years, depending on model, if run on "clean" power. If run on coal, I believe it is 4-6 years.  That's global, taking into account production pollution, use and recycling. Locally, they make sense from day one by reducing the amount of fumes people have to breathe. 

Yup, they surely make sense in big cities where the "pollution" gets trapped.  Other than that, not so much.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
blackout
7 hours ago, Beemer said:

Have a question. If an electric bike isn't making pollution but the electric company that charges it's batteries is then what's the difference in the carbon foot print? Is it actually making a difference to the environment and if so, how much?

It depends whether the carbon offsets are purchased from Al Gore or not....

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.