The MT-07 Forum

Max mileage on tank of gas

dewski

I decided to push the limits of my miles on one tank.  I got to 210 miles before she started to sputter a bit so I didn't push it any further. I still only fit about 3.5 gallons back in so possibly there is a bit of unusable space in our tank compared to where the pickup is located. 

On this test I averaged close to 60mpg and was a mix of highway and 'spirited' riding  :)

Just curious how many miles you guys have pushed it on one tank.  oh and I think my "Trip F" got up to around 35 miles before the bike sputtered the first time

I've only hit F Trip about 3 times. I think subconsciously, I see the one bar left on the fuel gauge and feel like I need to fill back up.

With that said, I usually end up going in the ballpark of 100-120 miles between fill ups.

Life is good on 2 wheels!

I filled my bike up for the first time (yeah, I haven't had much chance to ride it) and put in 2.18 gallons on 145 miles. Comes out to 66mpg.

I got 141 on 2.8 gallons that's 50 mpg a little better then my usual 46.6 back roads 45 to 55 mph no highway.

Guest August BB

When my gauge bar finally hit the E mark on my first tank, I gassed it up after 135 miles, but then found I only filled up 2.4 something gallons. Still had over a gallon in the tank when my gauge hit the E. So I figure I can be safe pushing to 180 or more before fill ups.

I got to 210 miles before she started to sputter a bit so I didn't push it any further. I still only fit about 3.5 gallons. 
On this test I averaged close to 60mpg and was a mix of highway and 'spirited' riding  :)

I think my normal riding is less conservative. I reached once 173 miles with 3.2 gallons. 38 miles on the trip F. Have to fuel because the bike hiccuped. 
I managed just once to reach 60 mgp, it was in the break-in period. I averaged low 50's (mixed riding).

past bikes: WR250X, KLR650, V-Strom 1000, DR650, FZ-6, SV650S, Seca II, GS400S, Seca 750, YZ80.

I wanted to do it to know the somewhat the range I can go if I am out on a ride and getting gas isn't as convenient. Now I know I can go roughly 180ish to 200 miles on a full tank and be good. I did feel kinda like Kramer (Seinfeld) when I broke the 200 mile mark...wondering when it would sputter and if I would be walking to the gas station :)

Got 228 miles then it started missing so bad I stopped, it ticked over but did not want
to set off got 13.39 ltr in thats just over 3 US gal thats at about 50/60 mph on back roads
round town or tramping on and it will be less. must be about 2/3 ltr that it cannot use or
you can't get in.

Archived