Jump to content
RIP

M4 Users-How loud is it really?

Recommended Posts

RIP

I've read a few threads here on the M4 and it seems to get some mixed reviews. Some say its to loud and others say is perfect

 

Watched a few YouTubes vids and its hard to tell

 

So the questions are really, does your neighbors hate you, do your ears ring after a few hours of riding, have you gotten tickets?

 

All questions are with the DB killer in

Edited by RIP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mossrider
Just now, RIP said:

 

So the questions are really, does your neighbors hate you, do your ears ring after a few hours of riding, have you gotten tickets?

 

 

Don't ride it like an idiot till out of your neighborhood. Neighbors will love you no matter what you're riding.

 

Wear ear plugs and enjoy the ride all day.

 

Be judicious with the right twist grip & leave the front wheel down, especially around the constabulary.

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruizin

M4 exhausts typically have to be repacked every 3000 miles or so.  Correct me if this has changed but thats how al my other M4 exhausts have been. As loud as it is new, it's even deeper and louder when the packing has burned out.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RIP
6 minutes ago, Cruizin said:

M4 exhausts typically have to be repacked every 3000 miles or so.  Correct me if this has changed but thats how al my other M4 exhausts have been. As loud as it is new, it's even deeper and louder when the packing has burned out.  

Huh......that's something I have haven't came across in my searching......good to know

 

Thank you

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chademinent

Got over 10k on my M4 with no issues, never use the baffle and it is loud, I use earplugs and no one has gotten after me about it being too loud.

 

Walk around and Exhaust

 

Just Exhaust

 

Edited by chademinent
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
alexlj92

Mine has close to 10K on it as well. I rode it for a long time without the baffle and my ears would ring/hurt after about an hour. With the baffle in I don't have that problem. Doesn't sound as good though. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RIP
28 minutes ago, chademinent said:

Got over 10k on my M4 with no issues, never use the baffle and it is loud, I use earplugs and no one has gotten after me about it being too loud.

 

Walk around and Exhaust

 

Just Exhaust

 

Damn man, you got that bike all tricked out!!......looks great!

 

Thanks for posting the vids!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
r1limited

It is sooooo loud

 

Its Trumps fault

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RIP

Well I just got mine delivered 

 

So I guess I’ll find out for myself 😀

D166506F-BD93-481C-853F-045CBAFB26F0.jpeg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mjh937
1 hour ago, RIP said:

Well I just got mine delivered 

 

So I guess I’ll find out for myself 😀

D166506F-BD93-481C-853F-045CBAFB26F0.jpeg

Please post your impressions.  I am looking forward to see what you think of it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RIP
8 minutes ago, mjh937 said:

Please post your impressions.  I am looking forward to see what you think of it. 

For sure. It’ll take a few days as I’m also going to add an air box and get it flashed. But I’ll be sure to report back

 

FWIW, I use to run a Kerker pipe back in the day with a GS850, and that was pretty loud but tolerable.....so I’m hoping it’s a little less DB’s then that, but we’ll see what happens

 

 

Edited by RIP
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chademinent

The position of the FZ pipe makes all the difference, since it sits right below your ear its going to be much louder than if it was a longer can out by the rear wheel.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RIP
On 11/2/2018 at 10:34 AM, RIP said:

For sure. It’ll take a few days as I’m also going to add an air box and get it flashed. But I’ll be sure to report back

 

FWIW, I use to run a Kerker pipe back in the day with a GS850, and that was pretty loud but tolerable.....so I’m hoping it’s a little less DB’s then that, but we’ll see what happens

 

 

Welp, I put it on, and I’m okay with it, but  it’s a little to loud for my neighbors 

 

So I’m going to put it up for sale.....$350 to pick up or $400 to ship

 

If anyone is interested let me know

Edited by RIP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.