The MT-07 Forum

M4 Users-How loud is it really?

RIP

I've read a few threads here on the M4 and it seems to get some mixed reviews. Some say its to loud and others say is perfect

Watched a few YouTubes vids and its hard to tell

So the questions are really, does your neighbors hate you, do your ears ring after a few hours of riding, have you gotten tickets?

All questions are with the DB killer in

Edited by RIP

Just now, RIP said:

So the questions are really, does your neighbors hate you, do your ears ring after a few hours of riding, have you gotten tickets?

Don't ride it like an idiot till out of your neighborhood. Neighbors will love you no matter what you're riding.

Wear ear plugs and enjoy the ride all day.

Be judicious with the right twist grip & leave the front wheel down, especially around the constabulary.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

M4 exhausts typically have to be repacked every 3000 miles or so.  Correct me if this has changed but thats how al my other M4 exhausts have been. As loud as it is new, it's even deeper and louder when the packing has burned out.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cruizin said:

M4 exhausts typically have to be repacked every 3000 miles or so.  Correct me if this has changed but thats how al my other M4 exhausts have been. As loud as it is new, it's even deeper and louder when the packing has burned out.  

Huh......that's something I have haven't came across in my searching......good to know

Thank you

• Like 1

Mine has close to 10K on it as well. I rode it for a long time without the baffle and my ears would ring/hurt after about an hour. With the baffle in I don't have that problem. Doesn't sound as good though. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, chademinent said:

Got over 10k on my M4 with no issues, never use the baffle and it is loud, I use earplugs and no one has gotten after me about it being too loud.

Walk around and Exhaust

Just Exhaust

Damn man, you got that bike all tricked out!!......looks great!

Thanks for posting the vids!

• Like 1

It is sooooo loud

Its Trumps fault

• Like 1

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

• Global Moderator
1 hour ago, RIP said:

Well I just got mine delivered 

So I guess I’ll find out for myself 😀

D166506F-BD93-481C-853F-045CBAFB26F0.jpeg

Please post your impressions.  I am looking forward to see what you think of it. 

8 minutes ago, mjh937 said:

Please post your impressions.  I am looking forward to see what you think of it. 

For sure. It’ll take a few days as I’m also going to add an air box and get it flashed. But I’ll be sure to report back

FWIW, I use to run a Kerker pipe back in the day with a GS850, and that was pretty loud but tolerable.....so I’m hoping it’s a little less DB’s then that, but we’ll see what happens

Edited by RIP
  • Like 1

On 11/2/2018 at 10:34 AM, RIP said:

For sure. It’ll take a few days as I’m also going to add an air box and get it flashed. But I’ll be sure to report back

FWIW, I use to run a Kerker pipe back in the day with a GS850, and that was pretty loud but tolerable.....so I’m hoping it’s a little less DB’s then that, but we’ll see what happens

Welp, I put it on, and I’m okay with it, but  it’s a little to loud for my neighbors 

So I’m going to put it up for sale.....$350 to pick up or $400 to ship

If anyone is interested let me know

Edited by RIP

• 3 months later...
On 11/5/2018 at 9:05 AM, RIP said:

Welp, I put it on, and I’m okay with it, but  it’s a little to loud for my neighbors 

So I’m going to put it up for sale.....$350 to pick up or $400 to ship

If anyone is interested let me know

Any chance you still have it? And where are you located?

pretty new to forum and can’t pm yet

thanks 

On 2/24/2019 at 7:51 AM, demasi21 said:

Any chance you still have it? And where are you located?

pretty new to forum and can’t pm yet

thanks 

Yes I still have it....i live in San Diego

• 1 month later...

I love the sound mine makes. I think it depends on who you are but I think its just loud enough. can get a little droneeee on the highway but other than that I think its sounds as it should. no issue with the packing on mine, but only about 3k