The MT-07 Forum

First bike, new to forum

TylerNT02

• Premium Member

What's up everyone! This is my first bike for the street, I have ridden motocross for about 3 years but wanted to get something for the road. Everything I was looking I found in this bike (style, price, cc's). Bought it brand new from the dealer and got a full yoshi carbon exhaust for half off with it about 3 days ago and this has been the best purchase I have made in my entire life! Ha! 

Congrats, with the yosh send the flash to @2wheeldynoworks that will be the 2nd best purchase of your life HA, you will thank us all later.

Glad to hear you been playing in the dirt, best training in the world for a street bike.

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

• Premium Member

When I was at the dealer I wanted them to do a flash there but they said it wasn't needed until I got an aftermarket air filter. Idk but I just went with it and wanted to get out of there and ride! So how do I go about doing the flash myself? I have no experience with anything like that

Talk to @2wheeldynoworks no need to get an air filter, helps but stock is fine.  Just remove snorkle and let them know this wehn you send the ECU.

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

NRWhiteKnight

Welcome to the forum. Congrats on your purchase. These are awesome bikes. @r1limited is right, check with @2wheeldynoworks. I have heard good things about them here.

2018 MT-07 - Mods: Shorty Levers, Radiator Guard, Puig Sport Windscreen,Air box  Snorkel Removed.

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, NRWhiteKnight said:

Welcome to the forum. Congrats on your purchase. These are awesome bikes. @r1limited is right, check with @2wheeldynoworks. I have heard good things about them here.

Appreciate it. Yea these bikes are amazing and I love mine! 

2 hours ago, TylerNT02 said:

What's up everyone! This is my first bike for the street, I have ridden motocross for about 3 years but wanted to get something for the road. Everything I was looking I found in this bike (style, price, cc's). Bought it brand new from the dealer and got a full yoshi carbon exhaust for half off with it about 3 days ago and this has been the best purchase I have made in my entire life! Ha! 

Welcome to the forum! If you havent yet, place your pin on our member map so other members in your area can send you a pm and invite you to ride! 

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Cruizin said:

Welcome to the forum! If you havent yet, place your pin on our member map so other members in your area can send you a pm and invite you to ride! 

Yes I have and I appreciate all the responses, can't wait to get more involved with the forum and hopefully meet up for some rides since I don't know anyone else that rides from around here

Welcome, Tyler, and congrats on your new bike! As far as meeting up, what basic area are you in? Oh, and what dirt bike are you riding? I never had the balls to ride mx, but I do love me some good hard enduro.

• Premium Member
13 hours ago, shinyribs said:

Welcome, Tyler, and congrats on your new bike! As far as meeting up, what basic area are you in? Oh, and what dirt bike are you riding? I never had the balls to ride mx, but I do love me some good hard enduro.

I have an 06 kawasaki kx250 two stroke that rips and I live in a small rural town a little over an hour south of Dallas Texas 

Archived