The MT-07 Forum

Riding again after a 15 year hiatius - Rider in CO

Madmole

Hey all,  

Just wanted to take a quick moment to introduce myself.  30ish rider out in Colorado, back to bikes after a long break.  Long time lurker, thought I would make it official now that I have 2k+ miles on my 07.

Started riding again this summer after a 15 year break (started riding on an old Kawa 250R) when I picked up an immaculate 2015 07 with just over 1700 miles on it (liquid graphite). Came with PC V, Two Brother exhaust, DNA 2 stage air filter, R6 throttle tube, and bar end mirrors.  I've already done a tail tidy, replaced the stock brake lights with a new unit with integrated turn signals, dropped in an LED headlight, and will be replacing the stock front turn signals, brake lines and pads, and full suspension when I have some extra down time this winter to improve visibility and performance. 

This bike is an absolute blast up to about 85 mph (then the stock suspension and wind blast kick in), with enough oomph to have way too much fun in town but not so much as to bring out my inner devil and start collecting tickets. I can't help but grin like a little kid on my commute given how light and responsive this bike is, while also getting 60+ mpg combined highway and city and popping the occasional parking lot wheelie.

56 minutes ago, Madmole said:

Hey all,  

Just wanted to take a quick moment to introduce myself.  30ish rider out in Colorado, back to bikes after a long break.  Long time lurker, thought I would make it official now that I have 2k+ miles on my 07.

Started riding again this summer after a 15 year break (started riding on an old Kawa 250R) when I picked up an immaculate 2015 07 with just over 1700 miles on it (liquid graphite). Came with PC V, Two Brother exhaust, DNA 2 stage air filter, R6 throttle tube, and bar end mirrors.  I've already done a tail tidy, replaced the stock brake lights with a new unit with integrated turn signals, dropped in an LED headlight, and will be replacing the stock front turn signals, brake lines and pads, and full suspension when I have some extra down time this winter to improve visibility. 

This bike is an absolute blast up to about 85 mph (then the stock suspension and wind blast kick in), with enough oomph to have way too much fun in town but not so much as to bring out my inner devil and start collecting tickets. I can't help but grin like a little kid on my commute given how light and responsive this bike is, while also getting 60+ mpg combined highway and city and popping the occasional parking lot wheelie.

Post a pic

• Premium Member

Welcome! Lot of "returning riders" here. Myself included. ✌️

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

59 minutes ago, tavisb said:

Welcome! What part of Co?

Just outside of Golden. I live about 10 minutes from two of my favorite sets of twisties, lookout mountain and highway 6 up to Blackhawk.

• Global Moderator
1 hour ago, Madmole said:

Just outside of Golden. I live about 10 minutes from two of my favorite sets of twisties, lookout mountain and highway 6 up to Blackhawk.

Nice. I figured you'd have some good riding :). Wish Co wasn't so far from here, love the riding there.

Archived