MRH

Hi Everyone,

Brand new here and 1st post. I did a quick search and didn't see a related discussion on this. Question is: I've seen a lot of after market drain bolts with a valve for a no mess easy oil change (not to mention never having to unscrew a bolt/change a washer again). I haven't found any where the manufacturer specifically says it'll fit an FZ-07. Has anyone ever installed one of these on your bike? If so, where did you buy it? Thanks!

stickshift

Never heard of it, but nor would I trust such a setup on a critical piece of machinery.

You don't need to change oil that often, and opening a secure bolt & replacing it is not overly difficult.

MRH

Appreciate your personal thoughts on whether to use one, but I'm only looking for information to acquire the product. Thanks.

• Like 1

norcal616

it would be identified by drain plug size and thread pitch... 

MRH

Got you. So get the specs for my bike's bolt and match it to the product. Thanks.

r1limited

I have seen advertized in rags and occaisional ad(Grrrr) pop up with easy drain. 

I be LIKE WTF

firstyammerha

I had one on one of my cars and didn't have any trouble with it. I don't recall the brand but it had a hose that screwed on to a replacement oil pan drain plug. The drain pan plug had a valve that was depressed when the hose was tightened releasing the oil from the pan. It was great when you had to change your cars oil often. It kept a lot of oil off my garage floor. I picked it up at one of the auto parts stores like AutoZone. The FZ drain plug size is on this site in another post.

• Like 1

JBrock

And if it fails, it's just an automatic rear tire oiler. No biggie. 

Liquidmetal

We use Fumoto drain valves at work and they always seem to find a way onto my vehicles.  Very high quality drain valves that are reliable and trouble free.

• Like 2

Beemer

I love a messy oil change!

oil changes are fun.jpg

pegasus46

I had never heard of such a thing either so I did a google search for some pics. It would seem to me that it is longer than a stock plug and therefore decreases your ground clearance, much more apt to get hit on a rock, curb, etc.

In addition aren't you just adding one more item to be cleaned up after the oil change?

firstyammerha

another good one from Beemer-keep'em coming. And like Pegasus46  pointed out and which I forgot, there is one more thing to clean and that's the drain hose. I wiped down the outside of it and let it drain onto the cloth that I wiped the drain pan out with. Wasn't very painful to do but it adds a few seconds to the whole process. The drain plug had a screw on metal cover to keep dirt out and protect the release mechanism. If I changed oil three or four times a year, I'd pop for the Fumoto  drain plug but for now stock is ok. 

need4steve

I have one on my bike and haven't had any issues for the last 10k miles.

MRH

Where did you buy?

Edited by MRH