The MT-07 Forum

Tuning suspension for low speed bumpy roads???

Kyuzo

If I wanted iptimal low speed stability (like going over curbs, going up and down steep hills and mild trail riding) in the 1 - 20 mph range and a comfortable ride between 20-60mph on paved roads.

Would one go stiffer springs with softer or harder shock settings or lower spring rate with softer or harder shock settings?

Or maybe I should rephrase this if my suspension settings are optimal for road/street use on stock suspension. What would be recommended if I wanted to go for a more slow speed trail riding setup with being really careful going over bumps or holes what are not too drastic for this bike...

• Premium Member
howworkclutch

i wouldn't ride it on a trail. the front end will wash-out on anything the least bit slick. sand is a hard "no". the torque wants to push the rear wheel in front of the bike. not enough suspension travel. etc etc etc.

in short- get another bike for trail riding. the fz07 isn't suited for that kind of riding at all. believe me, i tried.

-HowWorkClutch

1 hour ago, howworkclutch said:

i wouldn't ride it on a trail. the front end will wash-out on anything the least bit slick. sand is a hard "no". the torque wants to push the rear wheel in front of the bike. not enough suspension travel. etc etc etc.

in short- get another bike for trail riding. the fz07 isn't suited for that kind of riding at all. believe me, i tried.

While it's not suited for it... with the stock mushy suspension it's actually shockingly good off road - even with street tires. I've taken mine camping a few times and gone up some seriously questionable hills and terrain.

That being said, you're right. It's not the right bike for off-road. Simply because you CAN, doesn't mean it's a good idea. Trade it in on the T7 my friend!

Go faster, smooths out the bumpos

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

Archived