The MT-07 Forum

Who is a member of the AMA

r1limited

Who is a member of the American Motorcyclist Association  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a member of the AMA

Simple question, been a member for a long time now, I see the plus and minus of the org, but they have your back in goverment affairs.  From E15 to Riders Rights they pretty much are our only advocate.

FZ07.org could apply for a Club license and get swag :)  BARF is the first forum to do this

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

I just got something in the mail asking me to join recently. Is this something worth doing at all? What are the major advantages?

Could care less if someone advocates for me in the government as legislation in my state is controlled by the local church more so than the people haha.

NRWhiteKnight

I'm a charter member now. I have been a member for over 30 years. :)

2018 MT-07 - Mods: Shorty Levers, Radiator Guard, Puig Sport Windscreen,Air box  Snorkel Removed.

1 hour ago, RedReaper said:

I just got something in the mail asking me to join recently. Is this something worth doing at all? What are the major advantages?

Could care less if someone advocates for me in the government as legislation in my state is controlled by the local church more so than the people haha.

Being a member is just not for you thats just a plus, but it is for future generations as well.  Of course this is just my opinion, but it extends to if your going be a motorcyclist and you bitch about closures, unfair road blocks, laws thet prohbit your hobby, then well your the problem :)

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

• Global Moderator

I joined for the roadside assistance.  It was cheaper than AAA, plus you get a magazine.  

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, mjh937 said:

, plus you get a magazine.  

Any centerfolds in the magazine? 😁

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

10 hours ago, DewMan said:

Any centerfolds in the magazine? 😁

Oh shet yes there is, like a rebuilt, restored Joe Leanord KR750
Man I spanked my sparky plug for days on that one

• Premium Member

Member here. I like the grassroots angle, and supporting an advocate for riders rights. It’s never going to be the latest bike reviews, but more average joe and their ride/experiences. I like it and cannot imagine being a rider without being a member of AMA.

• 2 weeks later...

When I was a teen I joined the AMA but only that once. I probably should again, we all should so they have the funds to go to the politicians and lobby for us. 

• Premium Member

I've been with them for a few years now and enjoy the perks that they have, roadside assistance, discounts on numerous things like gear and hotels. Also the fact that they do lobby for motorcyclists. Oh yea, and to race motocross most tracks require an Ama card

Archived