The MT-07 Forum

Rekluse Clutch

RedReaper

Has anyone installed either a RADIUSx or TorQDrive clutch on their bike from Rekluse?

Would be interested in knowing if you actually feel more performance especially in the torque department. I haven't been able to find any charts on the improvement it would make.

Seemed like a cool install for $650 and get a little more relaxation out of the ride plus added performance.

Link to what I was looking at for the 2017 FZ-07 here:

https://rekluse.com/product/radiusx-clutch/

https://rekluse.com/product/torqdrive-clutch-pack/

I had rekluse on my yzf426, best legal cheat you can buy.  Nothing like it for a cross country setup.  I know the guys at rekluse, danny is top notch and the product is bar none

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

The radiusx looks interesting. Pity it isn't a slipper though.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

I don't see how they can say it improves the power output. Unless your OEM clutch is slipping during WOT, a new clutch won't have any impact on the output of the motor.

I suspect the phrase may mean the quality of the output and you connection with it , rather than increasing it. But who knows.

The clutch pack is a good idea but will not help with power it is just better because can handle more stress and maybe will improve the feeling... the anti stall thing is cool but pointless,  the new mv agusta turismo veloce has this system but also a slipper clutch,  quickshift and auto blipper. .. it is totally automatic but you can use the cluch to wheelie and to smooth the lower rpms because  the rekluse clutch works but is a little rough. 

The same principle works for us , the rekluse system may be cool and even fun to show off but is not a complete replacement for the cluch at low rpms !

If you want a really cool set up I would buy a quick shifter and the clutch pack, should be enough to really feel an improvement 

• Premium Member

Other than it not being a slipper clutch am I missing an issue with the stock clutch that knowing how to properly use your clutch doesn't solve?

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

Rekluse is awesome offroad you can start off in3rd gear and it will not stall. Stop in any gear and the off again. 

But imagine that in traffic and in urban clutch burning situations, not haveving to use the clutch in traffic, not having to shift in traffic stop and go traffic commuters would love having a rekluse. You can still use the clutch lever if you want to with rekluse, but you stop using it. I know many guys who remove their clutch lever and install a left hand rear brake lever. 

3 minutes ago, Cruizin said:

Rekluse is awesome offroad you can start off in3rd gear and it will not stall. Stop in any gear and the off again. 

But imagine that in traffic and in urban clutch burning situations, not haveving to use the clutch in traffic, not having to shift in traffic stop and go traffic commuters would love having a rekluse. You can still use the clutch lever if you want to with rekluse, but you stop using it. I know many guys who remove their clutch lever and install a left hand rear brake lever. 

I live just below you in SLC so I thought it would be perfect since I bought the bike to be a little bit dual sport. We also have really bad rush hour traffic so having to worry less about stop and go would be nice.

I think I'm going to go ahead and get it if they do have the FZ-07 compatible kit. It looked like it could be bought from the site.

1 hour ago, RedReaper said:

I live just below you in SLC so I thought it would be perfect since I bought the bike to be a little bit dual sport. We also have really bad rush hour traffic so having to worry less about stop and go would be nice.

I think I'm going to go ahead and get it if they do have the FZ-07 compatible kit. It looked like it could be bought from the site.

Wait a bit, I'm gonna try and talk em into a group buy discount or to be a vendor. I live near their factory and maybe I can work something out for all of us. 

Riding with a Rekluse is amazingballs . And in traffic or in the woods, it's like cheating.  No more shifting down to 1st at a traffic lights, can ride around stop and go traffic in one gear, no more burning clutch hand, just pick a gear and ride. 

4 hours ago, Mad said:

The clutch pack is a good idea but will not help with power it is just better because can handle more stress and maybe will improve the feeling... the anti stall thing is cool but pointless,  the new mv agusta turismo veloce has this system but also a slipper clutch,  quickshift and auto blipper. .. it is totally automatic but you can use the cluch to wheelie and to smooth the lower rpms because  the rekluse clutch works but is a little rough. 

The same principle works for us , the rekluse system may be cool and even fun to show off but is not a complete replacement for the cluch at low rpms !

If you want a really cool set up I would buy a quick shifter and the clutch pack, should be enough to really feel an improvement 

Have you actually owned a bike with a Rekluse installed?  Its not about power, it's about real-world riding situations. Anyone who rides in traffic will want one. You start laughing in traffic or off road because its like cheating. Seriously, on my CRF 450 I removed the clutch lever and installed a left hand rear brake lever. Which was amazing. 

Don't knock a Rekluse until you try one for a day. It's an amazing experience. No more clutch when shifting, unless you want to clutch, but it's unnecessary.  And if you forget and take off in 4th gear, the bike will not stall.  

Also, with a Rekluse there is ZERO engine braking when you let off the gas. It coasts freely until you crack the throttle. 

Im telling you guys, if I can get something worked out with Rekluse you guys are gonna freak out. 

1 hour ago, Cruizin said:

Have you actually owned a bike with a Rekluse installed?  Its not about power, it's about real-world riding situations. Anyone who rides in traffic will want one. You start laughing in traffic or off road because its like cheating. Seriously, on my CRF 450 I removed the clutch lever and installed a left hand rear brake lever. Which was amazing. 

Don't knock a Rekluse until you try one for a day. It's an amazing experience. No more clutch when shifting, unless you want to clutch, but it's unnecessary.  And if you forget and take off in 4th gear, the bike will not stall.  

Also, with a Rekluse there is ZERO engine braking when you let off the gas. It coasts freely until you crack the throttle. 

Im telling you guys, if I can get something worked out with Rekluse you guys are gonna freak out. 

I'm honestly extremely hopeful. If it's cheaper that 650 it would be a steal

I never even thought about upgrading my clutch pack but the product seems awesome. I'm always in traffic coming home from work and not having to clutch would be so cool

8 minutes ago, phanomenal07 said:

I never even thought about upgrading my clutch pack but the product seems awesome. I'm always in traffic coming home from work and not having to clutch would be so cool

You'd freaking love it. Up until now, Rekluse has been all about off road bikes. I think they just dont know how to launch this for road bikes, are probably waiting for their retailers and dealers to sell it for them. 

They don't yet know the power of our forums.  Give me time, I'll get em on board. 

I don’t knock anything 😂 It is like a quick shifter , I don’t need it but I want it !

But , before using that kind of money on a cool clutch ,I need to know more .

Why you don’t need to use the clutch when  shifting? Do You need to close the gas like a normal clutchless shift or you can stay wide open and shift ?

• Premium Member

I suspect Rekluse will be more interested in this since the T7 is hitting the market in weeks... 

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

1 hour ago, norcal616 said:

I suspect Rekluse will be more interested in this since the T7 is hitting the market in weeks... 

Well the advantage is that there isn't much change on the engine, if at all for the last couple years. If we get more riders this year on the T7 then we should be solid.

Everyone pray for Cruizin

• Premium Member

Here I was thinking that MX, Dual sport, SX, etc had a back brake spring of some sort to pull the clutch when locking up the rear entering a hairpin turn!! Sorry for my lack of knowledge, but..... Feck it, Sorry.

1 minute ago, fzar said:

Here I was thinking that MX, Dual sport, SX, etc had a back brake spring of some sort to pull the clutch when locking up the rear entering a hairpin turn!! Sorry for my lack of knowledge, but..... Feck it, Sorry.

Nope, you'll slide out with the best of them. Better slap that rear brake and ride it ;)

16 hours ago, fzar said:

Nope, I had the rekluse on the YZF426, for cross country single tracking the bike never stalled with it in.  The only caveat to that type of clutch was down hill as it is based on centrifugal force to keep the clutch solid, the bike once free wheeling would feel like nuetral.  You get very used to throttle control to keep the clutch working and IMO helped immensely in back wood throttle control.  Wheelies where no issue, mud was funner, and the best part and this is a true story.  Rained buckets at Hollister Hills, lower ranch was snot on oil as it normally would be in those conditions.  Upper Ranch is loom and heaven.  On the way out to the upper ranch came accros a guy huffin and puffin slippin and fallin in the mud trying to keep the Big Red Pig (Honder 650) on two wheels.  I stop on the side of the hill, ask if he needs some help.  Says no so I pin it waving to him with the clutch hand.

freakin rekluse man, is awesome

Now I have no idea how it would be on the FZ,  

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

I installed the old style (ball & slots) Rekluse in my mountain DRZ...'absolutely' like cheating, can ride out of any corner in a taller gear, chugs over rocks like a tractor and you can't stall it. I can stay in a taller gear in situations where it may have been necessary before to down shift but where doing so wasn't always possible. I set mine up with optional spring to engage just off idle and still maintains some engine braking. I will say that when we installed the later style , wedge/ramp design, in another DRZ, we found the clutch lever pull to be quite a bit heavier then mine...when using the clutch lever that is.

I'll have to think about whether I'd like one for the street however...a lot might depend on cost.

Thanks R1 and Cruzin for useful info. Explains the action much better. Don't really need one for the 07 ( though it would be interestng), but could use one for the CB500X but they don't make one for it...

On 10/27/2018 at 8:55 AM, Cruizin said:

I think the issue is that their website states that it increases the torque output of the bikes it's installed on. At best, it's poorly worded. At the worst it's intentionally misleading.

Archived