The MT-07 Forum

LED Headlight Assembly

Stephenms

I'm a sucker for bright lights that don't blind other riders/drivers and I stumbled upon this Original Designed LED headlight assembly with integrated turn signals from Atoplite. It looks sweet.

I can't seem to find any videos or images of the distance or wideness of the beam, or if it's even adjustable. I originally found it on eBay with no name brand but shipped from US. Just curious if anyone knows anything about these? I reached out to the eBay seller but have not heard back all week.

eBay: https://www.ebay.com/i/273512226384?chn=ps

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Atoplite-Original-Designed-Headlight-Motocycle/dp/B07GQHQHDZ

• Premium Member

I like the concept, but not so much the price.

Here's another branded version of the same headlight. This one lists a two year warrantee.

It appears to be a sealed unit. I'd be concerned about not being able to replace the LEDs, without doing major surgery,  if any of them go bad. I can only hope the back of the assembly is metal and is a heat sink to protect the bulbs from getting too hot which would shorten the life of them.

If you decide to get one keep us in the loop. Pictures or better yet video of the install would be greatly appreciated. 👍

Best of luck in finding a headlight solution you're happy with. ✌️

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

I believe the unit on eBay has more pictures and there is a metal backing with heat sinks.

I swapped the stock bulb with a Sylvania Ultra and it's a big improvement over stock but any form of cornering leaves me in the dark. I did try regular LED bulbs that I had and was not happy. Without the proper projector it scatters light and blinds virtually everybody.

If I do decide on it i'll definitely keep you guys in the loop!

AlbatrossCafe

Cool! Assuming this isn't China-made garbage, that is a fair price. I've paid $600-$900 for HID projector set up in various cars. I see this as another kind of retrofit.

I wouldn't buy it without someone else doing it first though. I would hate to pay $350 and have the light pattern be dim. But if it is better than stock, seems worth it to me.

I FINALLY got a response, at 8:30 at night, and it is as follows: "hello,sorry now we don't have pictures at night,and we will making this at the few days,and this have installation instructions." So I'm not 100% sure how to go about responding to this, but from what I can gather here they might be releaseing night pictures in a few days OR they make these items every few days. Oh well, maybe someone will see this post down the road and say yeah they're fine or danger no-go.

13 hours ago, Stephenms said:

I FINALLY got a response, at 8:30 at night, and it is as follows: "hello,sorry now we don't have pictures at night,and we will making this at the few days,and this have installation instructions." So I'm not 100% sure how to go about responding to this, but from what I can gather here they might be releaseing night pictures in a few days OR they make these items every few days. Oh well, maybe someone will see this post down the road and say yeah they're fine or danger no-go.

It looks cool but for what should be obvious reasons I have my doubts about the effectiveness of the headlights and the turn signals. Ebay website ships from China and cheaper. Amazon from U.S. and more expensive. Until I see a well made video that eliminates my doubts I'll stick with my Cyclops bulbs that are proven bright and don't blind. (Not on my bike anyway.) I looked for them on you tube and found at least one video on them but as expected, the video sucks.

Beemer

Yeah the cool headlight has kinda fallen through. But that got me interested in the BiXenon cyclops kit. 

There was a video I saw when I got the bike new that said you needed to use an oven to head up the glue holding the lense, is this true?

This video shows that it comes off fairly easily but when installing they use a heat gun to agitate the glue/epoxy which makes sense. I really love the cyclops look, just afraid to mess up my headlight.

Archived