The MT-07 Forum

Exhaust...yes again ;)

mikeyfz07

Hey guys and ladies, 

So I am a new member to the FZ07 and love the bike. I will post some pictures up soon but since I just registered I wanted to talk exhausts real fast. 

The FZ07 sounds awesome when its hitting above 4k but anything under sounds a tad...well...quiet for me. Almost reminds me of a scooter :( because of the very quiet noise. 

Without further due, I was looking at both the Akrapovic and M4. 

I really don't want to spend the near $1000 on the Akrapovic but I am thinking I have little to no other options. The M4 sounds AMAZING and is everything I need in noise, but the one HUGE problem for me is the appearance. The long skinny pipe sorta kills it for me. If I were to get the Akrapovic, I am planning on leaving in the DB Killer to see how that sounds first. 

Any thoughts?

M4

m4-fz07so-1.jpg

• Global Moderator

I agree that aesthetically the Akra looks better, but for the price difference I think I could live with the M4. Most of the time you are not looking at the exhaust anyway :).

• Premium Member

Just put the M4 on mine and I love it.

7GbR6Wp.jpg

Keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up.

There are a plethora of exhausts for the bike out. Check out the exhaust forum in the FZ-07 Garage section. I'm leaning towards the MIVV or Marthy's exhaust lately

YES! I too fell in love with the MIVV. It would be neat having an italian exhaust, but I'm also really excited for the Yoshimura to come out. Pricing seemed to be around $500 for a full system, at least according to revzilla. I love all of Marthy's products, but the pricing isn't right for me. I could get the full MIVV system for the price of his DIY slip-on.

• Premium Member

The only two I was ever considering was Leo Vince or Akrapovic. I wanted to maintain the styling of this bike.
20140927_170201_zpsa4e7035d.jpg

• Global Moderator

Yes, I think the Akra looks best and fits the styling of the bike. And for me the Yoshi is runner up. No way I am going to spend that kind of money on a pipe though but it is fun to fantasize. I beginning to appreciate the lack of sound more and more. I passed some cops a couple of times going way to fast and they can't seem to be bothered. It is probably difficult for them to judge my speed.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome to the forum mikeyfz07!

I totally agree with you that appearance-wise the Akrapovic exhaust looks best.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks for posting everyone. I told my wife today I need an exhaust so people can hear me when I am riding. I never ride next to a car but it would be nice knowing they can hear me passing on by. More "SAFETY" mods are a must right? lol.

Anyway, think ima get the akra once my wife gets more comfortable with the idea. Just sucks they are the same price of my high-end exhaust for my previous 3000gt VR4.

Why is a bike exhaust, two skinny long pipes and a muffler, the same as a large car exhaust thats well over 8feet?

Archived