The MT-07 Forum

Another FZ-07 track build.

prospeed44

• Global Moderator
4 hours ago, prospeed44 said:

Haven't been to the track in 5 years and when i tried my leathers on the other day , with back protector and internal thigh protection i barely got them on !!. Not a lot of movement when sitting on the bike . Hopefully they will give a little !!

They will... Soon you'll be swimming in em

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

dd24skater

Great thread, can't wait to hear how things go on Saturday.  

• 2 weeks later...
prospeed44

Well i did the track day with the thought of making sure everything was copasetic then entering a few races on the the sunday . Didn't work out that way unfortunately . With the stock forks reconfigured with the Racetech emulaters , damper rod mod and aftermarket preload adjusters i figured i would be good to go . I think i miscalculated  with the damping  - waaaay too soft on the compression damping and rebound !!. There is just not enough preload to compensate . Unfortunately the pattonme cartridge forks didn't arrive until monday morning (go figure). Having the clipons under the top triple was uncomfortable for me as well . I'm old and stiff !!. 

On the plus side the bike is a relative blast to ride . Modest horsepower means you can wack the the throttle on mid corner and just tractor off the turns - no way its going to spin up - just smooth linear power pulling you to the next turn . Just fun to ride with no drama !. The 10 year old Bridgestones i ran were fine - some cold tearing until i got the pressures right but after that good to go .

I bought some RS10s for the next track day .

I fitted the cartridge forks on the weekend and it immediately feels more comfortable . we'll see what the next track day brings .

Cheers .

track day and cartridge forks 001.JPG

• Like 2

prospeed44

I forgot to add - i fabbed a quick turn throttle out of a piece of pvc pipe i used for the spacers in the racetech forks - works great !. No pics but more of the bike to bore you with lol .

track day and cartridge forks 005.JPG

prospeed44

I forgot to add - i fabbed a quick turn throttle out of a piece of pvc pipe i used for the spacers in the racetech forks - works great !. No pics but more of the bike to bore you with lol .

track day and cartridge forks 003.JPG

• 2 months later...

So i did the second track day and what a difference !!. The cartridge forks were so much easier to dial in . With a more sorted front end it was much more fun to ride . The racetech set up would be great if you spent time with it getting it set up but for me the cartridges are easier to deal with and just easy to adjust between sessions . Straight away i was the fastest in the intermediate group .

However i have decided to change course for a variety of reasons so the bike is now up for adoption .

If anyone is interested it is listed on Ebay as i write this . Item # 293168239408 . The first time i listed it , it met the reserve and sold - only for the winning bidder to be a non payer from Honduras so it is for sale only in the USA to bidders with a score over 10 . Frankly i never expected it to sell overseas plus i think it was a scam bid . 

Interested parties can obviously contact me thru the forum and i'll reduce the price without the extras - bike only .

This is definately a good buy , low mileage with lots of good stuff already done to it . Just bodywork maybe ?.

If it doesn't sell then no biggy - when it cools off later in the year i'll probably take it back out to the track again .

In the meantime , to keep my racing juices flowing , i'm doing the color commentary for the local track on racedays . I tell you , it looks and sounds easy when we watch it on TV but it's hard in the flesh !!. Been an eye opener but fun .

• Like 3