The MT-07 Forum

Mirror stem nut socket size?

Grant31781

My  left side mirror needs to be tightened. I tried a 8,9 and 10 mm socket.  The 10 will not fit down in the mirror arm housing. I also tried standard sizes.

I am talking about the nut under the plastic cap.

• 9 months later...

I am still having an issues with the one mirror being too lose. Does anyone know what wrench/ socket will fit the nut?

NRWhiteKnight

I used a 1/4 10mm drive socket on mine the other day. It was a snug fit, but it worked. The 3/8 drive 10mm socket was to big to fit.

2018 MT-07 - Mods: Shorty Levers, Radiator Guard, Puig Sport Windscreen,Air box  Snorkel Removed.

• 1 month later...
On 8/15/2019 at 5:54 PM, NRWhiteKnight said:

I used a 1/4 10mm drive socket on mine the other day. It was a snug fit, but it worked. The 3/8 drive 10mm socket was to big to fit.

Mine telling me what brand socket is your 10mm that worked? I can't find a thin enough socket that fits.

I don't remember exactly, but it was either a Craftsman or Stanley.

2018 MT-07 - Mods: Shorty Levers, Radiator Guard, Puig Sport Windscreen,Air box  Snorkel Removed.

I checked and I used a Crafstman 10mm p/n 43508. It's a snug fit but it worked for me.

8 hours ago, NRWhiteKnight said:

I checked and I used a Crafstman 10mm p/n 43508. It's a snug fit but it worked for me.

Thanks.  I ended up sanding down the 10mm thin wall socket I have and FINALLY fixed the mirror.  It's a pretty bad design if you ask me.

I agree. It certainly is not the best.