The MT-07 Forum

The history of Yamaha

mossrider

Watched that one and all the rest in the series a while back.  Good stuff, very interesting and a good time killer on a slow day.

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Made me cry

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

As much as I like the sound of motorcycles ( and the 4cyl crossplane in particular), the only music that bikes sound like is death metal. Distorted guitar with emphasised odd order harmonics. You would think that from the company that made the very first electronic piano that actually sounded LIKE a piano ( The PF15: 4 different types and 2 types of harpsicord, a clavicord , a spinet, a glockenspiel and a xylophone) that they probably could make a motorcycle sound superbly resonant. But they don't.

And beauty???? When I look at the 07 all I see are angular manga ugly styling, and because of the rear tyre being so oversize,  a fat arse. Now I LIKE fat arses, but on women, not motorcycles.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

^^ Blasphomy ^^

burn.jpg

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

23 hours ago, mossrider said:

Very interesting. (about an hour long)

Very cool , thanks for sharing that.

My 07 is my 3rd Yamaha, and I've owned a couple of Yamaha Basses.....great company with great products

20 hours ago, gregjet said:

As much as I like the sound of motorcycles ( and the 4cyl crossplane in particular), the only music that bikes sound like is death metal. Distorted guitar with emphasised odd order harmonics. You would think that from the company that made the very first electronic piano that actually sounded LIKE a piano ( The PF15: 4 different types and 2 types of harpsicord, a clavicord , a spinet, a glockenspiel and a xylophone) that they probably could make a motorcycle sound superbly resonant. But they don't.

And beauty???? When I look at the 07 all I see are angular manga ugly styling, and because of the rear tyre being so oversize,  a fat arse. Now I LIKE fat arses, but on women, not motorcycles.

You are definitely different! Most guys back in the day got turned onto big butts by looking at this video.

Time to rock the house once again!

Beemer

My penchant for the more womanly rear predates that video by some decades. Even Freddie Mercury and co were a little late to influence my tastes.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

FWIW, I disagree about the 07 design. To me it looks purposeful with some pleasing details. It seems much less 'forced' than the XSRs trying to be something they are not and different from the originals to little purpose. I like the hunched profile a lot.  And it goes the way it looks - back to that video. All IMHO, of course. The piece on 'How we designed the 07' in Yamaha's Design Cafe shows how the styling exercise becomes what we now buy. 

Just do it! 

I've done my part to keep Yamaha going.  At some point, I have had Yamaha dirt bikes, street bikes, ATVs, snowmobiles, watercraft, and generators.  Often multiples of them.

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

^^ I bleed Blue, I mean Yamaha 70s yeller and black

• Premium Member

Mossrider... You the man!!!! What a great video. It was a pleasure to meet you last month @ BIR, You keep $hit real- 😎

""W.O.T. until you see god, then brake"

Archived