The MT-07 Forum

Riding again after 20 years

RIP

I know, it's been a while

But I thought I'd introduce myself as I am a new FZ 07 owner. I just love this bike!!

Year's ago I has an FZR, a couple of other Yamaha and  Suzuki.....it's been so long I can't really remember the models....but who cares really

Anyway, I belong to some music forums and now that I'm riding again I'm hoping to make this place somewhere I can come and learn a few thing and ask stupid questions 

Looking forward to reading all the awesome stuff about an awesome bike.....the FZ 07

Congrats on the new bike and welcome to the forum.  A ton of info to be had here.

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, RIP said:

I'm hoping to make this place somewhere I can come and learn a few thing and ask stupid questions 

Looking forward to reading all the awesome stuff about an awesome bike.....the FZ 07

There are lots of "returning after a long break" riders here who've chosen an FZ-07. Myself included. Welcome to the family.✌️

And good luck finding a stupid question that's not already been asked here. 😁

And we need pics of your bike too.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

4 hours ago, RIP said:

I know, it's been a while

But I thought I'd introduce myself as I am a new FZ 07 owner. I just love this bike!!

Year's ago I has an FZR, a couple of other Yamaha and  Suzuki.....it's been so long I can't really remember the models....but who cares really

Anyway, I belong to some music forums and now that I'm riding again I'm hoping to make this place somewhere I can come and learn a few thing and ask stupid questions 

Welcome to the forum and thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself. 

Have fun on your bike, keep coming back and saying hello.  We have a ton of DIY tips in our tech tips section. 

NRWhiteKnight

Welcome to the group and welcome back to riding.

2018 MT-07 - Mods: Shorty Levers, Radiator Guard, Puig Sport Windscreen,Air box  Snorkel Removed.

7 hours ago, DewMan said:

There are lots of "returning after a long break" riders here who've chosen an FZ-07. Myself included. Welcome to the family.✌️

And good luck finding a stupid question that's not already been asked here. 😁

And we need pics of your bike too.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys

Here's a pic of my '17 bike

20180922_111332.jpg

I think we've already met in "share your pics" but since this is your "official intro" I have to say welcome and congrats on your FZ-07 and welcome back to bike world as well! It appears you're well over due and the FZ-07 is the perfect bike to cut loose on to get that smile pasted! Have fun, stay frosty!

Beemer

• Premium Member

Welcome @RIP, I too was a returning rider 15 year hiatus. The FZ is an awesome bike to get back into riding, enjoy and as stated there's a ton of info to read through.

There is an old saying. There is no such thing as a stupid question, only stupid answers.

Actually I beg to differ. Example stupid question: " Will the wind be so mighty as to lay low the very mountains?" ( Rowan Atkinson . "Secret Policeman's Ball" or the other one).

Welcome to a very useful and informative forum with some very helpful  people. LOTS for older riders who have come back and gone for the 07.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

Did someone say 'stupid'?

Seriously tho, enough with the niceties. Let's get that thing cut up and modded!

You go first and follow me, 

56 minutes ago, mossrider said:

Did someone say 'stupid'?

Seriously tho, enough with the niceties. Let's get that thing cut up and modded!

You go first and follow me, 

Yes sir.....im actually gathering up a few questions as we speak on some modification im thinking of.

I'll get em' posted soon

26 minutes ago, RIP said:

Yes sir.....im actually gathering up a few questions as we speak on some modification im thinking of.

I'll get em' posted soon

If you haven't yet, you should go through "gear reviews and questions". Most of the usual questions have been answered already in there and a search using 'key words' can bring up answers to questions even faster. Just throwing that out there to be helpful. If you can't find an answer to a question by all means, ask away! We're more than happy to help a fellow biker.

Beemer

• 2 weeks later...

Nice to see another rider getting back into it after a decade+ lay-off.  07s are way too much fun, nice to see your red beauty and good luck of modding it out.

8 hours ago, Madmole said:

Nice to see another rider getting back into it after a decade+ lay-off.  07s are way too much fun, nice to see your red beauty and good luck of modding it out.

Thanks man! Yeah I'm really having a lot of fun riding and reading about about some of the mods other members here have done and seeing if it's something I want to do......can't be more happy!!.....fun, fun 😀

Even though we have missed some years, it seems to me that coming back is all the sweeter for it.

Just do it! 

10 hours ago, robbo10 said:

Even though we have missed some years, it seems to me that coming back is all the sweeter for it.

It does....before I rode because it was my only means of transpo. Now I do it because I love it....it is different 

Archived