The MT-07 Forum

Mesh screen insert

Blumski33

HELP! Im looking for a black mesh screen like the OEM screen in the side panel (17' Fz-07). I have a side vent I want to put on but it came with this cheap ass looking mesh screen. I cant seem to find a screen that matches the OEM screen. Does anyone know where I can find this? I have checked hardware stores and auto parts stores as well as online searching. I need one I can cut to size, the space is larger than the one pictured. 

PS - Sorry about the bug guts, baby needs a wash. 

Screen.jpg

I dont need to replace this exact piece, I'm just looking to use a similar or same screen type for another part. There has to be something out there in the interwebnet! 

To be a perfect match you have to change the oem but that means that you can choose what you like and be ready for an other piece that needs a mesh

8 hours ago, Mad said:

To be a perfect match you have to change the oem but that means that you can choose what you like and be ready for an other piece that needs a mesh

I think you are right. Finding an exact match seems to be a stretch. 

• Global Moderator

just get enough to do what your doing and then remove the inserts and make new ones... 
there are several places that sell expanded/flattened aluminium in all shapes and sizes. take another search, there are probably a few local metal suppliers around you too.

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Meh, it came out ok I guess. I think Ill end up replacing all the screens, but for now, it will just have to do. Thanks everyone for the input, Ill follow up with my future search results. 

Front vent.jpg

Full bike.jpg

Rear vent.jpg

• Global Moderator

i think the hex actually looks better anyway.
more open area = more air flow. 

are those the Ermax Scoops?

9 minutes ago, sorkyah said:

i think the hex actually looks better anyway.
more open area = more air flow. 

are those the Ermax Scoops?

Yeah, they are Ermax. The hex is growing on me, but I cant get over the two different screens (stock vs. Hex). I think I'm going to go all hex and see how it looks. 

• Global Moderator
18 minutes ago, Blumski33 said:

Yeah, they are Ermax. The hex is growing on me, but I cant get over the two different screens (stock vs. Hex). I think I'm going to go all hex and see how it looks. 

do it

Industrial metal supply might help
or find a local perf metal dealer.

On 10/16/2018 at 2:07 PM, Mad said:

Being a flat mesh will be easy to create a new one and you could do the same for the rear 

Good thinking with the rear, I'll have to change those out too. 

Archived