The MT-07 Forum

No more KLR

mcbrien

18 hours ago, FZ07R WaNaB said:

A parts guy from my local shop just got back a couple of weeks ago from riding the full TAT (Trans American Trail) on a Suzuki DR650. I talked with him a bit about his ride, and the one thing that came home is he never felt like he need a different bike. The DR worked well for him. He did a smart move as when he got to Portland, Oregon, he put the DR on Craigslist. He sold it in 4 days and flew home (Virginia).

I have another buddy who has done 10s of thousands of miles all over the world on a DR650 as well.

Let's not forget Tiffani who did 60,000 on a FZ-07 in all 49 states and Central America. At least when she bought it, the FZ-07 was a $7000 motorcycle.

I guess it all depends on the degree of comfort features you want. ProCycle sells a poop load of stuff for the DR650 as well as the Honda and Kawi.

I rode the Tat in 2013.  It's long, but it's not exactly "off road" riding. You could do it on an FZ-07. Its pretty much dirt roads, some muddy parts, but its no off-road adventure. We had a blast, I was on a CRF450X with a safari tank and it was overkill for the TAT, I was wishing that I was on a street bike with a comfortable seat. 

firstyammerha

Back when I was working five or six years ago, I used to watch a KLR almost every evening flying down the freeway in the fast lane and holding nobody up!

I own both the FZ and the DR 650. Although I love both of these bikes for their intended purpose. If I had to sell one today I would have to part with the FZ. 

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Slow poke said:

I own both the FZ and the DR 650. Although I love both of these bikes for their intended purpose. If I had to sell one today I would have to part with the FZ. 

SACRILEGE!!!!! 

😁

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

I am a fan of true dual purpose bikes, and could easily see myself owning another one some day. 

Not so much a fan of a lot of the bloated so called "adventure" bikes on the market today.  Weight and balance really matter if you truly intend to go offroad beyond the gravel.

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

I have never regretted passing my MT07 on to my son. Do I miss the engine? Absolutely! Do I miss anything else? Yes, the sound from the full Arrows exhaust. The rest is just like any other basic motorcycle, with naff stock suspension, lousy gauges, primitive switchgear and cumbersome access for maintenance. 

Kawasukme sucks no mater how you cut that green frog

They even made shitty WWII planes

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

• Global Moderator

I like the green machines.  I was considering a Ninja 650R before the FZ-07 was announced.  I am glad I waited though. 

Archived