The MT-07 Forum

Custom Headlights

atxjax

I'm thinking about modding my headlight to a custom one. One big round round ( LED ) or two smaller projector type ones. Is it safe to assume as long as I stick to a stock configuration for wattage 55/60 I should be OK? 

Nice. What type of bracket setup did you use? Im trying to go for something like this.

So as long as the wattage doesnt exceed 60W when both lights are on I think should be good to go.

s-l1600.jpg

AlbatrossCafe

Yeah, I was one of the OG's when it came to dual headlights ;)

I used the "Dominator 2.0" projectors. One light is hi-beam and the other is low-beam. They are side by side though and much smaller. I like chademinent's setup cus his lights are lower and he can still use a windscreen.

Mine plugged into the OEM H4 outlet no problem. Before the Dominator 2.0", I had a wiring harness/splitter that created two H4 connectors to run a different style of dual headlights (equivalent to running to two complete headlights) for several months and that was no problem. However, the power was coming directly off the battery and the old H4 connector was only used to toggle hi-beam/low-beam.

I looked at vertical setup but back in early 2016 when I did it, there were no options for it available that weren't el-cheapo chinese stuff.

I made a thread about it on the old site that is now messed up and I can't fix:

2 hours ago, atxjax said:

Nice. What type of bracket setup did you use? Im trying to go for something like this.

So as long as the wattage doesnt exceed 60W when both lights are on I think should be good to go.

s-l1600.jpg

I made my setup from scratch.  I originally started with one single centered light but it wasn't enough so eventually went to the double setup you see now. https://fz07.org/thread/5796/hulagn-2015-fz07-build/

Thanks for the info. I have to get out there and measure the tubes to make sure this is going to clamp around them. I gigured with some LED bulbs this will look and function well. One light on for low beam and both ob for high beam. Also just have to figure out how to tuck all the wires neatly.

Archived