The MT-07 Forum

Looped cable under seat for..?

jvan

Hello! Noob here, so maybe everyone else knows this, but under my seat is a short looped wire cable. I thought that may be a helmet lock, but it seems so darn short not sure where/how to use it as I thought the helmet is supposed to dangle from the cable that is attached to something under the seat? Thanks for shedding light on this...  :)

I just take my helmet in with me wherever I go.  I am not going to waste one second on that stupid thing.  Design is a bad joke.

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

yea, i tried it, it was kinda difficult. i saw an option to hang your helmet on rear peg and lock it to frame with a gun lock or bicycle lock. i may do that in some situations. if i go into a store for 30-60 mins, but not if i were to leave it all day anywhere. it's just cumbersome to carry your helmet around a store with you or if you are going for a short stroll, etc. 

• Premium Member

I'm not trusting at all of the general public  to leave my not inexpensive helmet exposed on my bike locked down or not.  I either take it with me or lock it up  in the hard case.  Not even for a quick in & out trip away from the bike.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

Archived